Claro Coverage In Uruguay

marcopolo

Registered
I will be travelling through the interior of Uruguay and am keen to find out if I will still be able to make and receive calls with my Claro phone.

Anyone??

I will be travelling through the interior of Uruguay and am keen to find out if I will still be able to make and receive calls with my Claro phone.

Anyone??

Some years ago, when Claro was called something else (can't remember what it was now), I was able to use my phone along the coast between Carmelo and Punta del Este without any problem. Whether that might have changed, though, I can't say.

I just came yesterday from UY and the Roaming Movistar covered all the country. Probably Claro too.

Used Claro in Carmelo and Nueva Palmira last month, no problems (other than the fact that my money went to buy Carlos Slim more burritos).

BTW Claro used to be CTI.

Claro roams on Claro Uruguay & Antel in Uruguay. You can check out their respective coverage maps on the web.

I have Claro but it did not work for me while in Colonia.

I have Claro but it did not work for me while in Colonia.

I have no idea about claro specifically but apparently on Personal you can only have either International Calling or International Roaming activated at any given time. So when I'm leaving the country I have to tell them to turn one off and the other on and then vice versa when I get home.

Back