Classic Bullsh*t (rant warning)

sam3g

Registered
My girlfriend called to cancel our sub-par DSL service with Arnet yesterday after repeated problems. They put her on hold/ transferred for 40 MINUTES before finally saying that they had "system problems" and could not process her cancellation.

I jokingly said "they probably just want to hold off until the next month's bill"

Sure enough, we realized that today was the start of the next billing period. Coincidence? I think not.

Ademas, we called telecom to fix one of the phone lines in our house.
Telecom - "Don't know when somebody will be by to help you, call back in a couple days".

:mad:

Has this happened to you?

absolutly.
I called to get my fone turned on .
Sorry , you need to call from a telefono fijo ( land line)
Ok , I called from my neighbors'.
Sorry , we dont offer service at your location.
me : uh , bu there is a line comming into the house right now ... I just need it turned on
Sir ! you can get into allot of trouble for having an illegal coneection !
Called for over a month . Until i hit on an operator that was running on a full 5 volt brain.
Had fone within 3 days.
Typical . You are not alone !

In Buenos Aires I was without internet for 2 months while a technical problem was resolved. It was finally resolved by the 3rd engineer that visited the apartment with a 30 second phone call.

In Bariloche I waited for just over 2 years for an internet connection in a new apartment in the centre of town. A mixture of no cables in the street and a unmotivated 'consorcio'.

Fabe said:
absolutly.
I called to get my fone turned on .
Sorry , you need to call from a telefono fijo ( land line)
Ok , I called from my neighbors'.
Sorry , we dont offer service at your location.
me : uh , bu there is a line comming into the house right now ... I just need it turned on
Sir ! you can get into allot of trouble for having an illegal coneection !
Called for over a month . Until i hit on an operator that was running on a full 5 volt brain.
Had fone within 3 days.
Typical . You are not alone !
u actually hit on the operator??what did u say??

jez said:
In Buenos Aires I was without internet for 2 months while a technical problem was resolved. It was finally resolved by the 3rd engineer that visited the apartment with a 30 second phone call.

In Bariloche I waited for just over 2 years for an internet connection in a new apartment in the centre of town. A mixture of no cables in the street and a unmotivated 'consorcio'.

Had a horror experience with the Internet in Bariloche

Once they've got you they try to make it impossible for you to disconnect.
We had a horror story with Telefonica when we wanted to terminate the service. They simply wouldn't cooperate maintaining that we had outstanding unpaid bills which was simply untrue. Ended up throwing away every bill that arrived. This was four years ago and it's still not sorted.
Now we want to disconnect Telecom as we have moved house and have been told that a techie has to go to the house and meet me in person in order to get disconnected.
WTF!

Back