less than 15 pesos/hour --> Cheap b'stard
15-20 pesos/hour --> Normal/decent rate
Above 20 pesos --> Christmas time !

French jurist said:
less than 15 pesos/hour --> Cheap b'stard
15-20 pesos/hour --> Normal/decent rate
Above 20 pesos --> Christmas time !

all these plus traveling expenses !!!:)

If you want someone to do a decent job, pay a minimum of $20 per hour + travel costs (bus / train fare) and if it's longer than 4 hours I also include lunch or dinner. I had a housekeeper for 2 years and when she left (on her own for a full time job at a hotel) she gave me 3 weeks notice and no lawsuit or anything.

i pay mine $20/hr plus travel plus lunch. that seems to be the DECENT going rate.

Our cleaning lady only comes once a week for 3 hours; we pay her $20/hr (plus travel and a 10-peso tip, since the place can be a bit of a disaster :eek:)

sergio said:
What are the current hourly rates for cleaners?

It depends upon hours worked..if she is working less than 40 hours but more than 16 (I would suggest) 20pesos per hour is fair plus 2 week holidays, sick leave, aguinaldo and a nice birthday pressie..if she is working 40 hours the list applies but a salary of 2500- 2800 would also be fair. This is a hot topic..let the insults fly as they do usually...

fred mertz said:
The cleaners will take you to the cleaners

Sorry Fred , I don't agree / we have a great cleaner and she is a hard worker . We treat her fine and she does a great 7 hour shift once a week.

Do any of you commenting with regular cleaning ladies know if they are available/willing to do a few extra hours? A couple of people replied to my thread asking for recommendations a few weeks ago but unfortunately, neither of the cleaners were available. The lady we had before used to come over for 3 hours x1 per week and that was usually enough. We're on the Chacarita/Colegiales border (only a few blocks from Palermo "soho" and Belgrano).

Back