Clothes for lanky dudes?

ssr

Registered
Any other tall thin dudes here who have managed to find some decent clothing in this city? Nothing formal, just simple but well-fitting (and, if it's not asking too much, decent quality) shirts and jeans? Please steer me in the right direction if you're out there. Clothing shopping in Argentina is like panning for gold. I'll spend a entire day at it and end up with, maybe, a t-shirt. If someone could just point me towards the mine, it would be much appreciated.

Clothes here... yeah, not rich pickings I'm afraid.

Best I've found (fellow lanky skinny type) is Zara. Prices aren't too bad, quality what you get anywhere else. There's a big store in Alto Palermo, and there's usually a zara in the main shopping centres.

Failing that you're looking at the upper end designer stores - which are massively over priced compared to the states. I tend to stock up on clothes whenever I go to the US and buy Zara stuff when I'm stuggling here.

You can apparently get stuff tailor made for good prices, which makes sense (cost of labour cheap, cost of importing goods v.high) but I wouldn't know where to begin. Still, you'll get the best fit and quality if you go down that route.

Anyone recommend a good tailor?

Reactions: ssr
The clothes I bought at Zara several years ago did not hold up well and were barely long enough for me (34" sleeve and 34" inseam).

What are the exact sizes you need, ssr?

steveinbsas said:
The clothes I bought at Zara several years ago did not hold up well and were barely long enough for me (34" sleeve and 34" inseam).

What are the exact sizes you need, ssr?

Haven't been to a tailor in a good long time so I don't know my exact measurements (but I may be headed to one soon if I can't find anything on any rack here in Buenos Aires that actually fits) but I think I'm right around your size (34" inseam, for sure). Most importantly, though, I need everything (shirts, pants, whatever) slim fit. Can't stand having a bunch of extra fabric flapping around me.

And, yeah, never been able to find anything I like at Zara and the quality does tend to look a bit questionable. Frankly, all of the chain joints here in BA (the Argy ones and the international ones) are pretty disappointing. I think a company like Diesel, for instance, just dumps crap they can't sell elsewhere here in Argentina.

Man, why is finding a cool shirt or two and maybe a decent pair of jeans so damn difficult here in Buenos Aires?! Bet its not too much of a problem to find a douchey sweater to toss around my shoulders, though...

Have you tried checking out the outlet stores on Avenida Cordoba? There are quite a few decent brands (Levis, Puma, Stone, and more) but at cheaper prices. Be careful, though, because some of the merchandise has defects and flaws so you have to be sure that everything is ok. The outlets start around Cordoba and Gascon and continue down Cordoba towards Scalabrini Ortiz (sorry I can't give you alturas right now).

My boyfriend is tall and slim as well and he's had pretty good luck finding clothes there.

Back