Clothing Shopping

sgibson123

Registered
I know this seems a silly question, but we are coming only with a few suitcases to live in argentina for a year or two.. how easy is it for a bigger size girl to buy clothing down there??

thanks!!

you can find stuff but probably not anything you want; bring enough to last you at least until you go traveling somewhere else ...

I'd bring as many clothes as I could. As Lucha said, you could probably find stuff but to expound a little on the "but" - quality clothes are expensive here and can even be hard to find. And I've found that sizes here are smaller than in the States for the same size - I wear an XL or sometimes XXL shirt in the States. Here, an XXL fits me like a Large in the States quite often.

Every time I go back to the States I bring as few clothes back with me as I can, and bring as many back to Argentina from the States as I can. Last time I brought one change of clothes in my computer bag to the US and bought two new pieces of luggage up there (something that is inordinately expensive down here), all full of new clothes (and electronics! And spices!) when I arrived here.

If you're coming directly here to live for a year or more, I'd think seriously about paying to bring some extra luggage down with you.

You're not kidding about the luggage. I walked past a Delsey store in Palermo,. and stuck my head in just to look. The Helium Aero line that I had purchased from Amazon for my trip here was not available at any price, and all of what I did see was soft-sided, not to mention expensive.

I strongly recommend one of these -
http://www.amazon.co...sey helium aero
- to go in the overhead, just be sure you get the International Carry-on. The standard carry-on is larger and won't always fit.

If you want to abuse your carry-on privileges, you can also get a Delsey Luggage Helium Fusion 3.0 Lightweight Bag, Blue, 15"x9"x11" to stuff under the seat, again I recommend it highly.

While you're ordering from Amazon, you might also snag an Eagle Creek Travel Gear Silk Undercover Money Belt, the silk is worth paying a little more.

Last time I brought one change of clothes in my computer bag to the US and bought two new pieces of luggage up there (something that is inordinately expensive down here), all full of new clothes (and electronics! And spices!) when I arrived here.

Amazing brotha! I did exactly the same last year!!!

Bring EVERYTHING you can possibly think of. And I mean everything. Pay the airline for the extra luggage, you will not regret. And my most durable piece of luggage is a $40.00 duffel bag purchased at COSTCO. The thing has about a million miles on it, am not kidding. Use plastic "space-bags" to pack clothes. Load up kid.

We get 4 pieces of luggage. Got the largest size allowed by the airlines and space bags. Now it's time to go shopping.

I`d recommend even paying extra for bringing more suitcases , you`ll get your money back in what you save on clothes purchases. Have to say i`ve only bought a couple of items in the 2+ years i`ve been here, just because the price and quality is poor. Mainly bought things for the kids but the quality is real bad, shoes break, clothes rip easily and colours run. I can tell all the clothes and toys i bought from the UK in an instance. Theyre the ones that still work and look good.
I`d even say bring sheets,pillowcases and towels aswell as anything decent quality is at least double the price abroad.

Back