Club La Nación - How?

sinagua980

Registered
I signed up for Club La Nación online to subscribe to the paper and start receiving the discounts at stores, but when they called back they said I had to have an Argentine credit or debit card. I only have my cards from the U.S., which they said they won't take.

Has anyone else experienced this or gotten around it? Is there another way to get the paper and discounts?

I found out the other day from a friend who works at Santander Río why some companies won't accept credit cards (usually VISA or MasterCard) drawn on a foreign bank. Discounts are split 50/50 between the merchant and the bank. In other words, if you get a 20% discount at Falabella for using a credit card, Falabella is really giving you 10% and the bank that your credit card is drawn on is giving the other 10%. If your credit card is drawn on a foreign bank there is no way for them to recoup the other half of the discount. Therefore some companies will not accept foreign credit cards. With American Express this doesn't usually matter because their cards (most of them) are not drawn on a separate bank.

I once got around the fact that I did not have a credit card by going to their offices on Alem Avenue and paying in advance and in cash. That is how I got the card.

i use my Canadian credit card! i had no problem!!!

Can you have an iPad-only subscription and does this come with a club de la nacion card as well?

When you sign up for Club Nacion , is your newspaper delivered by the local kioskero or a central delivery service?

glasgowjohn said:
When you sign up for Club Nacion , is your newspaper delivered by the local kioskero or a central delivery service?

In Gran Buenos Aires, by a local kioskero. Not sure about Capital.

Back