Coffee Chat, Tuesday 14 June 1600-1900 Starbucks

estebandepraga

Registered
Come join us for another fun, informative and ever changing chat this Tuesday at Starbucks OUTSIDE at Alto Palermo on Arenales. Although there are heaters, please dress accordingly.
It will also be the chat when the famous sign will be handed over to the new master of ceremonies, Rich, as I bid my fond farewell until next year sometime when I return from the four corners of the world to our far corner of the world here in Buenos Aires.
Hope to see you all there.
Esteban

Esteban, you will be missed! The good news is that your temporary absence is due to your travels. See you on Tuesday.

What a tough act to follow , to walk on Esteban's shoes..!! will need all the support I can get :cool: . See you all there.

Rich, what's the usual turnout? At what time(s) do you have the most people?

I'd like to suggest meeting at an indoor place for the winter months. It's too cold sitting outside in the wind, but that's only the opinion from this Chicagoan.

The Library of Congress has a nice indoor café that was warm, quiet, and vacant on Friday at 19 hs as I arrived to attend a concert. The address is Alsina 1835 near Entre Rios, two blocks from the national congress and subte station. There are tables with comfortable chairs in an open space with a library of books at hand.

They show movies on Tuesdays at 19 hs in the modern auditorium on the lower level. No charge.

Martes 14: Oliver twist, 1948, 115’

Martes 21: Lawrence de Arabia (primera parte), 1962, 130’

Martes 28: Lawrence de Arabia (segunda parte), 1962, 90’

Wouldn't it be nice to talk in a normal tone of voice and not have to compete with all the traffic noise?

Come join us for another fun, informative and ever changing chat this Tuesday at Starbucks OUTSIDE at Alto Palermo on Arenales. Although there are heaters, please dress accordingly.
It will also be the chat when the famous sign will be handed over to the new master of ceremonies, Rich, as I bid my fond farewell until next year sometime when I return from the four corners of the world to our far corner of the world here in Buenos Aires.
Hope to see you all there.
Esteban
I guess Tuesday is at Alto Palermo, is there a time, 2-4pm ?

maybe for next week? since this week is set for Estebancito? I arrive after work so I guess it is til 7:30 PM or so?

Wouldn't it be nice to talk in a normal tone of voice and not have to compete with all the traffic noise?
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I agree the traffic made the place too noisy. It was possible to speak to people across or next to you but impossible to speak with people at the other end of the table. [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Also, I felt uncomfortable that only a few people bought drinks to sit at the table. I know that nobody from Starbucks challenges this but I personally feel it is dishonest to be sitting at their tables and chairs without paying for the privilege.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Thanks to Michelle, Esteban and Rich for organising these meetings. I should try to make the journey in to the city more often. [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Also, I felt uncomfortable that only a few people bought drinks to sit at the table. I know that nobody from Starbucks challenges this but I personally feel it is dishonest to be sitting at their tables and chairs without paying for the privilege.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Thanks to Michelle, Esteban and Rich for organising these meetings. I should try to make the journey in to the city more often. [/background]

I buy a Starbucks every day (for the last 2.5 years), so I have plenty of Starbucks karma built up. I hereby donate some of my Starbucks karma points to coffee chat participants who don't buy anything while at coffee chat. (2.5 years ago my coffee was 29 pesos; today it is 64).

In a perfect world, the temperature would always be ideal outside when we meet and Starbucks would reduce their prices by 50%!
When one frequents a cafe or other place, it often complicates matters because there are too few seats, reservations for too many people who don't show up, etc. and after having tried many possibilities under Michelle's guiding light, this was found to be the best option. If someone would like to start a new coffee chat at a different time or place, please do so. I will after tomorrow turn my cardboard sign over to the capable watch of Rich.

Back