Coffee Chat - Wed, 27 Aug 2014, 4-7Pm (Alto Palermo Mall)

GMXam

Registered
4pm Wednesday, 27 August, 2014
Starbucks @ Alto Palermo Mall
Corner of Coronel Diaz Avenue & Arenales

What's Coffee/Pub Chat? A twice weekly event where people meet for coffee/drinks to talk with others about what they're doing around BA, meet new people who they can hang out with, ask questions about personal travel or living experiences here and in other countries, etc. Everyone is welcome. For those that prefer to speak Spanish, we have several who would opt in. For those who want to practice English, this is the typical language spoken so you'll have plenty of practice.

Why twice a week? We have a Wednesday event which is always held at a cafe and typically scheduled from 4-7pm. Then we have our weekly alternating event, which alternates between being held at a cafe or a pub and is held at later hours which are dependent on the venue's least busiest hours, typically from 6-8 if a cafe, or from 7-9 or 8-10 at pubs. Pub Chats are held on Thursday evenings while Coffee Chat is held on Friday evenings, each held on an alternating week.

Why the changing location? Why not? We try to have these events in different parts of the city as much as allowable, sometimes out of the city, as well. We will try to schedule coffee chats outside of Capital Federal once a month. Our challenge is finding venues that can host a table of 5-16 (our typical group size range).

If you have a recommendation for a future venue for which you have NO VESTED INTEREST in recommending, feel free to PM me your ideas.

About 83 seconds ago, I read this post on the Expat forum. Now, I found it on the Newcomers forum. I guess that it can't be posted on both? (Arg expat law #864rj3e88maycb85 - ya either post on 1 or da utha).

What good is it sitting alone in your room?" (thanks, Liza) answering blogs all day? Come to Coffee Chat ! All expats welcome, particularly couples from Seattle.

Back