Coffee Price Up 300% Higher Than London Or Ny..!!

Rich One

Registered
Small coffee Price at $24 exceeds prices in London or NY?

http://www.clarin.com/ciudades/cafecito-subio-anos-barato-afuera_0_1153084840.html

El cafecito subió un 300% en 5 años y es más barato afuera

Economía porteñaHay bares que ya lo cobran $ 24, cuando en 2009 no superaba los $ 6. Ni en Europa ni en Estados Unidos cuesta tanto. Y el café deja una enorme ganancia: el costo por pocillo va de los $ 1,40 a $ 4,40.

Yup, it's pretty much impossible to pay more than 3 dollars for a cup of coffee anywhere in the US. And in Europe, it's impossible to pay more than 2 euros.

Another sterling piece of investigative journalism from Clarin.

Not only that but the quality here is poor. I had an espresso in London last week that was full of flavor. Everywhere in London the quality of coffee was better than in BA,

Haven´t been in New York:
After an aggressive expansion, Dunkin’ Donuts, where a small cappuccino costs just $2.29, overtakes Starbucks, where a small cappuccino runs $3.25, to become the largest chain in the city.
http://nypost.com/2014/03/10/would-you-pay-10-for-this-cup-of-coffee/
article also reports that a cup of good coffee can be $10USD

so at full city coffee house a nice cup of Columbian coffee is 18 pesos
walking to store this morning I saw menu posted with cafe con leche + 3 medialunas was 24 pesos
18/8=$2.25
sigh, once upon a time coffee was a dime, with refills

Also the thing that goes unmentioned is that real wages in the US are declining, so yesterday's DD coffee used to cost 1/5 the minimum wage (hourly) but now costs 1/3.

Meanwhile, in 2003 the minimum hourly wage here could barely buy 1/2 a cup of coffee; now it can buy well over an entire cup (or the $24 cup in Clarín's analysis). This shows that things are still not ideal here if you need Starbucks to fill your tank, but the situation is improving here while in the US its getting much worse. (i.e., the opposite of what the article was trying to say).

This is even more clear if you look at things that are more essential than Mochaccinos. For example: Fuel. In 2003, the minimum monthly wage in Argentina could buy 130 L of petrol; now it is 313 L.

so at full city coffee house a nice cup of Columbian coffee is 18 pesos
walking to store this morning I saw menu posted with cafe con leche + 3 medialunas was 24 pesos
18/8=$2.25
sigh, once upon a time coffee was a dime, with refills

yeahh Chet hope you enjoy that cafe plus 3 medialunas for $24 :eek: , Prices like that are available around the Retiro station in those seedy spots

Not only that but the quality here is poor. I had an espresso in London last week that was full of flavor. Everywhere in London the quality of coffee was better than in BA,
Wow ... you went to every coffee shop in London in just one week!

Why aren't we opening a cafeteriaaaaa??? and a steak house and a honky tonk and a strip joint(sorry dreaming out loud again) :poh and a general store to buy shells for your gun

Back