Coke Launch New Product In Argentina Only!

scotttswan

Registered
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/28/coca-cola-life_n_3516512.html

So i bought a bottle of it and it tastes pretty much just like normal coke.

Had my hopes they might have been introducing some new weird coke as it has a green label.

It even passed through my mind that it may even just be cherry coke or something and the marketers had decided green = cherry for some strange reason but no its just a low calorie coke with some stevia replacing some of the sugar. :(

I tried it as well. It tasted like 50/50 Coke/Diet Coke. My prediction is that it will not satisfy the sweet tooth of Argentina.

I tried it as well. It tasted like 50/50 Coke/Diet Coke. My prediction is that it will not satisfy the sweet tooth of Argentina.

I helped a friend with an English Immersion Camp this week for kids from the 'Burbs. One night we had "Shepherd's Pie". Let's just say that it was a bit like "Water Potatoes Au Gratin without the 'Au Gratin' Over Un-Spiced Ground Beef". Only it looked a little worse for the wear.

Anyway, a couple of the kids asked for SUGAR! To put on their pastel de papas

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot ?!?!?!?!

It turned out that this was quite normal with several of the Argentines of various ages. From counselors to kitchen staff to the kids.

THEN one kid said- "Mi abuela come chorizo con dulce de leche."

I'm not going to translate that in an effort to keep newbies from vomiting on their keyboards.

I didn't like it, it's definitely not sweet enough! Kind of bitter if you ask me.... I don't think it will last here.

I tried it and liked it. I don't like diet coke that much. I like regular coke but sometimes its so sweet I feel guilty for drinking all that sugar. This was teh perfect in between. I recommend you try it!!

The diet here to me seems high sugar, high salt and high gluten. Depends individual to individual of course.
Coke is a staple for sure though. I've never abused the Fernet & Cokes hard enough to experience the hangover, but with that much sugar in that duo, it must be epic.

Then when I ask for BBQ sauce or mustard at asado ... I'm the wierdo :eek:

I'm not a soda person unless the soda is being used as a mixer, but I tried it out of curiosity. I agree that it tastes like 50-50 Coke/Diet Coke. I'm a stevia fan, so I wish it were made with only stevia and not a mix of stevia and sugar. Some people don't like the stevia flavor but I do; plus, you can't beat a calorie-free, NATURAL sweetener. But since I so rarely drink soda at all I'll probably just keep drinking my fernet with Diet Coke. I get a lot of strange "qué asco" looks for that one and a lot of bars don't even have Diet Coke sometimes, but I like what I like.

I tried it today. Now I understand why it's only sold in Argentina. What other country in their right mind would sell this? Uck!

Dontmindme: Truvia (which is in this new Coca-Cola) is derived from stevia via a 40-step/ patented by Cargill process which involves corn. Un horror.

Back