College Football: Where To Watch?!

HookEmHornsMaddy

Registered
I love Buenos Aires, but one thing I can't give up from the USA? College Football. No way. It's like my crack.

Is there a good place to watch it in Buenos Aires? Do I need to call ahead to request games?

I'm a Longhorn so I think getting the Longhorn Network in Buenos Aires is a longshot, but any suggestions for obtaining it online?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
Maddy

I think you'll have to settle for finding a streaming option. I'm all set up for NFL week 1, but NCAA might be asking for a bit too much. I don't think there's a single bar that would do that. That being said if you find one please let me know.

El Alamo Bar en Recoleta plays college football games. But don't expect it to be like the sports bars back in the States. Generally they will play the primetime games. Maybe you'll get to see the UT - OU game...

I too am in desperate need of some college football.

Sugar doesnt do much with college games.... Alamo Bar is the only place i have seen college games-- 2 locations you can search it..... if they have it it will be limited to the number of tvs and who wants to watch what.... alamo can get very crowded and nuts

good luck being a Univ of Texan myself.... good luck in your search...... UT is going to have a tough year i think!! you are best to look at internet options.....

Let me know if you have any game watching parties. Although I am an Aggie....I still enjoy a good Longhorn game too. I was just thinking about this also the other day and thinking of what online sites I may be able to stream some SEC games.

Hey there! I just came to Buenos Aires this week and would love to be able to watch college football at a bar. Did you ever go to El Alamo or find another place to watch? At the beginning of the season I ended up giving in and paid $25 for ESPN's college pass. Unfortunately, ESPN hardly broadcasts any of WVU games. Please let me know if El Alamo's is a good place to go or have any better information. Thanks!

Marisa

If you do want to try the Alamo.... go to the new location... on Cordoba.. you can search it... close to goday cruz and cordoba.... it is 2 to 3 times bigger.... might be more comfortable..... but it is a gamble.... and yes the WVU game might be harder to find.... but you are watching college football and drinking beer... so it isnt all bad... good luck...

other than the 2 Alamo locations.... nobody really has college...... maybe Sugar Bar but they have like only 2 big projector screens .... very limited..... Alamo has that drunk loud college atmosphere hahahaha well good luck...

Back