Colon tickets are now available

sergio

Registered
Tickets are now available at the Teatro Colon. The box office has returned to its normal location in the Colon. I waited in line two hours yesterday. Surrounded by interesting and chatty people, the experience was almost pleasant. A malfunctioning computer system, poorly trained employees and general disorganization caused the long waits (some people told me that they had been waiting for over four hours!). Anyway, if you want to see the season's first production you had better hurry as some performances were sold out by the time I got to the head of the line at 6PM Thursday. Box office opens at 9 AM on Saturday and Sunday. If you want a good seat, expect to pay. My platea (orchestra) seat was 650 pesos.

Do you know how far out they are selling tickets...are single tickets for the whole season available now?

Tell me how to buy tickets through the end of December. I went to the tuentrada website but have had no luck. What am I doing wrong?

Their web site is a bit wacky. I can not post a direct link to the listing. But here are the steps to get there;

1. Go to http://www.tuentrada.com
2. Click on the Teatro Colon image banner on the mid lower left side
3. You will get the listing starting in May.
4. Click the "Proximos Resultados" link at the bottom of the listing to page through June, July, etc.

Show seat availability is denoted by the color progress bar.

Once you find the show you want, click on it and you will get an interactive map of the theaher. You can mouse-over the seating sections to see if any tickets available. If you get a red overlay, it means no tickets available. A yellow or blue overlay means they have seats. Click on those and you will be able to zoom in the section and see / pick the available seats, then proceed to checkout.

If you need to move back from the seat selector to the theather map, click the "Mapa Completo" button above the map, or use the browser's back button to return to the listing.

Note: Sometimes when you click on the wrong item and try to go back to the listing, you loose the show listings altogether. If that happens, you may have to start again from the top (step 1 above).

Good luck! :)

Thanks very much 2 guys! Very helpful. Now can you tell me how I get the tickets once purchased?

thanks for the info on this - just managed to get two tickets for a lot less than I'd previously been quoted US$500 for!

sergio said:
Thanks very much 2 guys! Very helpful. Now can you tell me how I get the tickets once purchased?

During checkout, you are given two options; (a) have the tickets mailed to you ($30), or (b) pick them up at the box office (will call - $0).

For either option they may request ID and credit card before handing you the tickets.

I am (much too?) late, hardly any tickets available for any opera this year...:mad: only bad places (high and at the sides)

Back