Colonia Express to Montevideo

Sudovest

Registered
Looking at taking the Colonia Express to MVD on 3/21. Prices are currently around 9000 pesos per person. I don't think I'll get the blue dollar rate based on other recent purchases online. If I wait until the day of to buy a ticket, are they likely to have sold out or have doubled in price? I'm trying to decide whether to wait or buy now (need 3 tickets).

I would wait a while to see where the WU dollar goes, then transfer and pay cash .

I bought a ticket from directferries, but for MVD-BA. Price seemed to be the best I could find with not having an Argentinian/Uruguayan CC. Have you checked the prices on directferries?

I bought a ticket from directferries, but for MVD-BA. Price seemed to be the best I could find with not having an Argentinian/Uruguayan CC. Have you checked the prices on directferries?
It is coming out to AR28,296 on colonia's site, which is about $153 for the whole family. It's $146 on Direct Ferries. We're flying in from Mendoza the night before, so we're worried about a delay and missing the ferry and having to take a later one. Will Colonia let me reschedule the night before if our flight is delayed if I book direct?

It is coming out to AR28,296 on colonia's site, which is about $153 for the whole family. It's $146 on Direct Ferries. We're flying in from Mendoza the night before, so we're worried about a delay and missing the ferry and having to take a later one. Will Colonia let me reschedule the night before if our flight is delayed if I book direct?
I think we are in the realm of cheap/reliable/flexible - pick any 2 of 3. Buquebus, and I think, Colonia Express have booking offices in the ferry terminal. If you can't trust your flight connection, could you consider just rolling up at the docks and buying tickets on the next boat out and paying in cash with the pesos you will already have bought at the most advantageous rate at the time?

I think we are in the realm of cheap/reliable/flexible - pick any 2 of 3. Buquebus, and I think, Colonia Express have booking offices in the ferry terminal. If you can't trust your flight connection, could you consider just rolling up at the docks and buying tickets on the next boat out and paying in cash with the pesos you will already have bought at the most advantageous rate at the time?

As I recall Buquebus and Colonia Express are at different Terminals. Dársena Norte y Sur.
Also consider Seacat a Buquebus low-cost, they operate a jointly , and if Buquebus has space they take all seacat passengers. You pay less and end up on Buquebus.
My choice always was Seacat, if available.

It looks like
As I recall Buquebus and Colonia Express are at different Terminals. Dársena Norte y Sur.
Also consider Seacat a Buquebus low-cost, they operate a jointly , and if Buquebus has space they take all seacat passengers. You pay less and end up on Buquebus.
My choice always was Seacat, if available.
It looks like seacat is out of business :(

i would just wait until you're in the country. late march isn't high season anyway, and the buquebus is a huge boat. it won't be sold out.

i would just wait until you're in the country. late march isn't high season anyway, and the buquebus is a huge boat. it won't be sold out.
I can't buy tickets on colonia express anyways, for some reason the "document type" dropdown doesn't have any available selections.

Back