Colonia - Things To Do

prettejohn

Registered
Any recommendations for things to do in Colonia, Uruguay. Two days.

Family of 4. Two boys aged 6 and 4.

Muchas gracias!

Goodness. We went with our girls. It was boring!!! You can drive golf carts around. There is a dinosaur museum we never found even after searching hours for it. The Beachy area is nice to walk by. Honestly. It was boring for the kids.

Go to ATM. Extract dollars. Rinse. Repeat.

Goto the internet cafe opposite the ATM and search for things to do in buenos aires when you get back.

Seriously not much to do. There is a bus tour if you want to go on there , only lasts an hour. You can be entertained by the tour guide who asks everyones nationality at the start and then if your British like me get booed by the other Argentines on the bus. And then sit smugly for the rest of the journey when the tour guide explains about all the good things the British brought to Uruguay and Argentina such as railways, steel, cattle, shipping, football,etc

There are two museums next to each other.
One is a naval and pirate salvages, wrecks,etc, very large, pay an small fee. The other is not a dyno museum but one with fossils from more recent times, like gliptodonts, etc. This one is free.
Take a bus on downtown in Flores Av, costs only 10 pesos$ A. It is only about 3 or 4 miles trip.

The owner of El Colonial hostel owns a ranch with rental horses, check it out.

Thanks for all the replies.

Now struggling to book the boat tickets as I need to find the Cuit / CUIL for my 6 and 4 year old children as it won't let me book otherwise. Anyone know where I can this?? My wife and I have ours on our payslips but have never needed ones for my children.

Climb the lighthouse, visit the old town ruins, walk along the promenade to the bullring and the Museum's that aren't great.

Back