"Columbus theatre reopens" - This came in the email from "Broadway Argentina" - translation made me laugh

sergio

Registered
Teatro Colón Celebrates Astor Piazzolla's 100th Birthday
Columbus Theatre, Buenos Aires Philharmonic Orchestra, Bariloche Camerata, and more will participate.
by BWW News Desk Mar. 2, 2021

From March 5 to 20, the Columbus Theatre reopens its doors to start the year celebrating the centenary of Astor Piazzolla's birth. The stable orchestra of the Columbus Theatre, Buenos Aires Philharmonic Orchestra, Bariloche Camerata, Astor Piazzolla Quintet, Emilio Balcarce Tango School Orchestra and Escalandrum Electrical Project, among others, will participate in this musical celebration.
Piazzolla 100 years at the Columbus Teatro will offer duties with paid entry and others with free entry. In both cases, localities will be available online only through https://teatrocolon.org.ar/
Abone in 3 and 6 installments without interest with cards issued by American Express Argentina S.A.

If they call the Teatro Colón "Columbus Theater" how do they call the Bolshoi Theater? BIG THEATER (Bolshoi means big in Russian)

Guess there are some free tickets --?

Columbus Teatro will offer duties ? with paid entry and others with free entry...! Google translate ?

Columbus Teatro will offer duties ? with paid entry and others with free entry...! Google translate ?

That's how the announcement appeared. I didn't translate it.

Just occurred to me - won't the Teatro Colon have to be renamed now that Colon (Columbus) is considered an evil man.

One of the aceptions in Spanish of duties is "funciones" hence somehow the text meant ?

"Columbus Teatro will offer paid Shows/funciones and free Shows...!" Maybe..?

Back