Coming To Argentina Soon?

AHansen

Registered
Hi all, I'm undergoing the tramite process to obtain a work visa and DNI.

I've heard that I need to have my original birth certificate.
Is anyone coming from the U.S. in the next couple of weeks/month?
I can pay you to bring my birth certificate in your carry-on, after having it shipped to your house/apt.

Let me know whoever's interested,

Thanks!

A birth certificate is not longer required for the visa.

The FBI report IS required and after it is certified (same as the Apostille) by the State Dept. must be sent to a US address.

If you don't already have your FBI report I suggest you check recent threads on the subject (how to get the Apostille for US documents and the best way to send them to Argentina) and you will know exactly what you need to do.

The most recent thread includes great advice on how to get the fingerprint cards and have your prints taken in Argentina

Hi all, I'm undergoing the tramite process to obtain a work visa and DNI.

I've heard that I need to have my original birth certificate.
Is anyone coming from the U.S. in the next couple of weeks/month?
I can pay you to bring my birth certificate in your carry-on, after having it shipped to your house/apt.

Let me know whoever's interested,

Thanks!

Unless something just changed AGAIN, the birth certificate is no longer required by migraciones and an "original" birth certificate is not what they asked for in the past.

They wanted a state issued, "official copy" of a registered birth that also had the Apostille (available from the office of the Secretary of State of the state in which you were born).

Migraciones does, however, require a company that is registered to hire workers to provide you with a work contract before you can be granted temporary residency (apply for a "work visa").

If you are already undergoing the tramites to obtain temporary residency based on employment you should be able to confirm this with someone at your future workplace.

If you do not have a work contract there is no point in "undergoing the tramite process to obtain a work visa and DNI" as migraciones will not begin to "process" your docs without one.

Back