Commission Payments

NickC

Registered
Hi all,

I have viewed multiple properties here today and seem to be getting quoted staggering amounts of commission to pay on top of the monthly fees. What is a typical amount? I am looking to rent a property for 3 months, so it is a temporary stay however I am still not expecting to pay over double what I'd normally pay in London.

Any help appreciated! (And if you are looking for a flat mate and want to save me, please message :D)

Thanks,
Nick

The commissions in Capital are ludicrous and they aren't worth paying because the most of the agents are immoral thieves. They will say anything to rent you an apartment.

Check out craigslist (if the listing doesn't mention a comision, it is likely the owner, and some listings say explicitly "owner" or "dueno") and soloduenos.com. You can also search mercadolibre and zonaprop and enter "dueno directo." However, some agents (read rats) are listing apartments under the "dueno directo" designation now. A few months back, I found one on mercadolibre under "dueno directo" and after a few accusatory questions on my part, the scumbag admitted he was an agent. So be sure you are communicating with the owner.

Hi all,

I have viewed multiple properties here today and seem to be getting quoted staggering amounts of commission to pay on top of the monthly fees. What is a typical amount? I am looking to rent a property for 3 months, so it is a temporary stay however I am still not expecting to pay over double what I'd normally pay in London.

Any help appreciated! (And if you are looking for a flat mate and want to save me, please message :D)

Thanks,
Nick
You could also check out the "shared" category on Craigslist. Many available.

Paying a commission for a short stay is crazy.

Back