Common courtesy in Buenos Aires

nikad said:
Well, if you do not do anything about it, why complain in the first place? quote]

I am trying to understand that mindset of people that are like this and am not looking for a solution. So when you wake up at 0600 do you blast the music because no one else lives in this world besides you? :p

nikad said:
Well, if you do not do anything about it, why complain in the first place?

I am trying to understand that mindset of people that are like this and am not looking for a solution. So when you wake up at 0600 do you blast the music because no one else lives in this world besides you? :p

Ahhh, I believe it is going to take you at least a couple of years to understand locals mindset :) See, I lived here all my life and I still cannot quite get it sometimes ;)

Rescueme get a life dude . The world does not revolve around you and your needs . If you do not like the Argentinian people why do you live here and not in a country that follows your idea of the first world .

I moved here from Brazil and find the people decent and non-intrusive in my life. I lived in Europe and the USA and found life there much more stressful .

cabrera said:
Rescueme get a life dude . The world does not revolve around you and your needs . If you do not like the Argentinian people why do you live here and not in a country that follows your idea of the first world .

You have no idea of where I have been or where I am going. But your ignorance is constantly on display whenever you chose to open your mouth.

But know this... Whenever I am cleaning something nasty off the bottom of my shoe. I will be thinking of you.

nikad said:
Ahhh, I believe it is going to take you at least a couple of years to understand locals mindset :) See, I lived here all my life and I still cannot quite get it sometimes ;)

You are always a class act. I wish you were my neighbor.:eek:

Regrettably, there is not a strong sense of community here. The cultural assumptions you bring with you don't always apply here.

Hello

Iam a local try to talk to your neighbors or to the owner of the flat or the administrator and if things don`t change start to look for another place to live I wouldn`t tolerate such a situation at all...you just can`t live like that.
Good luck

Some people just don`t care other, lack of education or whatever but I couldn`t tolerate loud music 9 in the morning.
Reina

I purchased my apartment in Recoleta in 2003. One evening after about five months or so of living here, I smelled smoke in my apartment. My initial thought was something is on fire and I panicked. On further inspection, I noticed that I had windows open on the backside of the apartment....two floors up from a small patio, completely enclosed by buildings in the air and luz. They were having a parrilla in the middle of the city, literally. They thought they were in the country. I yelled down in my poor Spanish that I believed that was illegal. They yelled back, "Hey, its ok. Don't worry about it". I asked them not to do it again. For the following four days my apartment smelled like smoke. Two weeks later, same thing. Now this is all before Cromagnon...not that anyone learns from mistakes. Well the second time, I waited until the meat was perfectly done. There was no one outside. I took a huge pail of water and aimed directly over the parrilla...and a perfect aim it was. All was completely silent. Not a word. No one came and knocked on my door as I would expect. They probably had been doing this for years and NO ONE said or did anything about it accept the "ugly American". Well...you know what? That was the LAST parrilla to take place down there.

rmartinbuenosaires said:
I purchased my apartment in Recoleta in 2003. One evening after about five months or so of living here, I smelled smoke in my apartment. My initial thought was something is on fire and I panicked. On further inspection, I noticed that I had windows open on the backside of the apartment....two floors up from a small patio, completely enclosed by buildings in the air and luz. They were having a parrilla in the middle of the city, literally. They thought they were in the country. I yelled down in my poor Spanish that I believed that was illegal. They yelled back, "Hey, its ok. Don't worry about it". I asked them not to do it again. For the following four days my apartment smelled like smoke. Two weeks later, same thing. Now this is all before Cromagnon...not that anyone learns from mistakes. Well the second time, I waited until the meat was perfectly done. There was no one outside. I took a huge pail of water and aimed directly over the parrilla...and a perfect aim it was. All was completely silent. Not a word. No one came and knocked on my door as I would expect. They probably had been doing this for years and NO ONE said or did anything about it accept the "ugly American". Well...you know what? That was the LAST parrilla to take place down there.
LOL way to go!

Back