Computer Issue

chris

Registered
When I am in the US or when I use a VPN here with a US ip address, some websites I use think I am outside the US. I have gone to systems preferences to set English US as the default language but this has not helped. Any idea how I can change this? I use a Mac.

Some sites are able to detect you are using a VPN (e.g. Netflix).

You need to get yourself a private vpn, but these are expensive when compared to the netflix style vpn's etc

The Hola Chrome extension works fine for YouTube Macy's and the like.
No idea re the security/privacy implications for sites that need personal info.

The Hola Chrome extension works fine for YouTube Macy's and the like.
No idea re the security/privacy implications for sites that need personal info.

Hola also uses/sells your bandwidth for other things

http://lifehacker.com/hola-better-internet-sells-your-bandwidth-turning-its-1707496872

Reactions: ben
Hola also uses/sells your bandwidth for other things

http://lifehacker.co...-its-1707496872

I did not know this. I did know, though, that when an effective VPN, singularly effective for its popularity, was free and didn't make clear its business model, it was vaguely clear that something of this sort was going on.

I have Hola VPN installed, but it is never active. When I actually need it, I go to chrome://extensions and enable it, and then go back and disable it as soon as I'm done.

Say (for the Canadians among us) Trudeau the father's 'Just watch me' interview. CBC has it on YouTube - but only if you're in Canada. Why?

I did not know this. I did know, though, that when an effective VPN, singularly effective for its popularity, was free and didn't make clear its business model, it was vaguely clear that something of this sort was going on.

I have Hola VPN installed, but it is never active. When I actually need it, I go to chrome://extensions and enable it, and then go back and disable it as soon as I'm done.

Say (for the Canadians among us) Trudeau the father's 'Just watch me' interview. CBC has it on YouTube - but only if you're in Canada. Why?

Change youtube.com to youpak.com or youtuberepeat

Back