Computer Repair Help Needed - Where To Go?

splaying

Registered
Last evening I spilled vino on my laptop keyboard. Today I tried to put in password to open but it typed something else preventing me from access. I restarted it - of no help; I shut it down. Now cannot get it to start again.

Can someone in this forum advise me of a very reliable person who could fix my situation.

Machine is an ACER running Windows 8

Thank you very much.

Walter

If you indicate the general area in which you live, someone will probably be able to suggest a reliable repair shop close to your location.

You will probably have to replace the motherboard and the keypad...at the least.

could just the data be recovered and forget the machine?

The data is extremely easy to recover. I hope you took out the battery. If not do so now. Replacing a motherboard is silly. Any other part replacement is worth considering depending on cost and in how old your laptop is.

The data is extremely easy to recover. I hope you took out the battery. If not do so now. Replacing a motherboard is silly. Any other part replacement is worth considering depending on cost and in how old your laptop is.

Following a similar incident, I was able to buy a replacement motherboard and keypad (both new) for my Dell Inspiron at very reasonable prices (about $100 USD for both) on ebay. A friend bought them from the USA and sent them to me from BA via OCA. The charge to install them was $150 pesos. At the time, a replacement laptop would have cost me almost $850 USD (in Argentina) and I did not want to ask my friend to bring me another computer from the USA as he was traveling light and with his own laptop.

That was over three years ago and I am using the same Inspiron (which I bought from an expat who was leaving Argentina) at this very moment.

I also use an external HD to back up everything.

Last evening I spilled vino on my laptop keyboard. Today I tried to put in password to open but it typed something else preventing me from access. I restarted it - of no help; I shut it down. Now cannot get it to start again.

After reading the above, I looked at the glass of water sitting next to my laptop, carefully picked it up, and set it on a chair. Thank you for reminding me :)

Back