Computer Repair Shop in Canitas or Palermo?

westofwall

Registered
Hey, does anyone know of a good computer repair shop, located either in Las Canitas or Palermo? I have a minor keyboard issue that needs to get fixed.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

i just sent you a PM. it is the contact info of a guy that helped me with mine. My kewboard had 4 keys that were not working at all and he fixed it. He has a full time job so he was not the fasted but i was in no hurry.

Lee said:
Assuming that this is a laptop. If it is not you can get a cheap replacement keyboard for a desktop unit at many locations. So for a laptop have your bought "canned air" as often dust / grime will accumulate under the key which in turn prevents the key from making contact when pressed. That usually will do the trick.

It is also useful to clean out the exhaust vents a couple of times a year to prevent overheating as well...all can be done with an inexpensive can of "canned air".

-Thanks for the tip, Lee. The problem is actually that one key fell off. The underlying 'button' still works, so I can use the keyboard, it's just awkward whenever I need to type the letter "y"...

Hi, can you tell me please, what model is your macbook?

You'll find the model number underneath on the underside.

westofwall said:
Hey, does anyone know of a good computer repair shop, located either in Las Canitas or Palermo? I have a minor keyboard issue that needs to get fixed.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

notebook.fix said:
Hi, can you tell me please, what model is your macbook?

You'll find the model number underneath on the underside.

Hi, thanks for replying. So, I actually have a Dell laptop running Windows 7. The model is XPS L501X, with a 15 inch screen and a standard sized keyboard. I have the key that fell off, if that helps...

Hi, the key that fell off should be ok to reattach if the plastic clips underneath it are intact & not broken. Did any part of the key get lost or broken?

westofwall said:
Hi, thanks for replying. So, I actually have a Dell laptop running Windows 7. The model is XPS L501X, with a 15 inch screen and a standard sized keyboard. I have the key that fell off, if that helps...

notebook.fix said:
Hi, the key that fell off should be ok to reattach if the plastic clips underneath it are intact & not broken. Did any part of the key get lost or broken?

Hi, I think something is broken on the underside of the key as it will not snap back into place securely. It's hard to tell, but it appears that 1 or 2 of the little posts that click into the keyboard are partially broken...

Back