Con Artist Working The South American Circuit

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
Got this forwarded to me. Forewarned is forearmed. Have a nice day. GS

***************************************************************************************************
Coming to a wallet near you we introduce Michael Sanders

I hope things are going well. I found out yesterday that a con artist (see below) worked the expat community here for two months, getting away with at least USD 5000. He left two weeks ago, but none of the expats to whom I've spoken about the swindle have either contacted the authorities or forwarded the information to expat communities in other cities. You're the only expat I know who doesn't live here, so I thought I'd forward the info to you, especially since the con artist was supposedly going to head through Guatemala. While he was here, he passed himself off as a retired Sargent Major of the 75th Ranger Regiment, and (curiously) gave *me* his real name, but used an alias with other expats.

Please note that he is *very* good: the contractors and architects here tend to be a bunch of thieves themselves, yet he managed to gouge them, reportedly.

http://www.panama-guide.com/article.php/20120405165505629

Sanders_zpse293a978.jpg

Should note this was from 2012, He could be in politics by now.

He sounds like a Teabagger or, alternatively, someone who might seek refuge in Dick Cheney's fortified bunker in an undisclosed part of Buenos Aires province.

Yes, I read the article and couldn't make out whether he was here or there.
I wouldn't buy a used car off him anyway.

He was just in Honduras and fled the country supposedly heading to Guatemala.

Word on the street is that this Michael Sanders was dating Santiago Vera and Florencia Marina Daud at the same time. Geraldo's got more at 10:00...

Word on the street is that this Michael Sanders was dating Santiago Vera and Florencia Marina Daud at the same time. Geraldo's got more at 10:00...
I heard he was in Uruguay doing Joe's room mate

Just what we need now,... Gringo con men coming to BA to compete with the "local talent" ... :eek:

Back