CONFISCATION (a.K.A.) CORRALITO

HenryNisental

Registered
I received an email that warns me that there will be a new "corralito bancario" in about 20 or 30 days.
This is due to the fact that this goverment needs money after the YPF highway robbery. They do not have the 10B needed to jumpstart YPF, so they issue a Patriotic Bond to fund YPF, or so they say.
I would advice to take your money and run... NOW.

PhilipDT said:
I got a really informative email today as well.

It was from the widow of the disposed king of Ghana. Get this, she wants to GIVE ME $15,000,000. Talk about lucky breaks.

Philip / I replied to her before you posted on here !
I expect my bank transfer any day now.
Its been nice knowing you guys !
John

$15,000,000! pah that's nothing a Nigerian Prince contacted me as a rich relative of mine who i never even knew i had died in a plane crash and left me $60,000,000!

The way Argentina goes it makes perfectly to nationalize deposits in Dollars

- AFJP
- Aerolineas
- Reserves of banco central
- Writing unpayable ANSESS and AFIP bonds
- Dollar control
- YPF

There must be something new brewing, that could eithe be the bank deposits, the mineria or the re-re-elections. I think the last one will more likely after the elections, I fully espect Cristina to hold them in march or april 2013 and if she has a good showing in those(remember she only got about 30% and her husband got badly beaten, those seats are up for renewal) she will have the 2/3 mayority to change the constitution.

The AFJP was basically also stealing someones accounts and there was little o no discontent, I am guessing she can do it again, because any smart Argentine doesnt have any dollar account in Argentina anymore.

I haven't seen any figures but the cuenta fijo en Dollars must be basically 0 now and capital flight must be through the air.

I do not know if you noticed that I am not trying to sell you anything, but I am trying to warn you guys of the incoming crisis. If you want to make fun of me that is ok, do not complain later.

We're not making fun of you. We're just questioning the credibility of the email. I personally could easily see a slightly toned down version of the corralito from days gone by. If your email comes from some random dude like me, well I'm not going to put all that much stock in it. If you got it from Bodou's secretary on the other hand...

Ok the info came directly from a citizen who is employed by the Arg Foreign Ministry, but I can not give you his name, of course.

Hmmm. Henry's first email was posted on May 11. Today is June 6. That puts us right smack in the middle of that 20-30 day range. And things are indeed starting to get weird. From now on, I'm going to take those emails from the King of Ghana more seriously!

Back