Confitería del Molino reopens after years of restoration

Hmm, interesting. The text mentions Callao, and the photo shows the street sign for Rivadavia, so I suippose we can conclude that it's on the corner of those two iconic streets.

Molino is not officially open yet for business. They offered the first tour last week, but it was impossible to signup online for it. The next try is July 18 starting at noon at the site delmolino.gob.ar for a free group tour pass for JULY 21. Select the time from noon until 19 h. when registering (that is if you can get into the system). I attended a milonga in the dance salon on the first floor in March 1996 during my first visit to BA. Memories!

The other gem that has renovation completed is La Confiteria Ideal on Suipacha and Corrientes. No more tango there, only food.
https://www.baenegocios.com/negocio...estado-cerrada-cinco-anos--20220607-0154.html

Who hasn't been to the intersection of Av. Callao and Av. Rivadavia?

Last edited:
I'm sorry that there's to be no more tango at Confiteria Ideal. For me, a nonparticipant who nevertheless enjoys watching tango it was in the Goldilocks zone of places to take visiting friends. Not as hard as a real milonga, not as soft as a formulaic tango show it was "just right"

The Confiteria del Molino is open right now, btw.
There is a one block line outside to both entrances from avenida Rivadavia and from avenida Callao.

The Confiteria del Molino is open right now, btw.
There is a one block line outside to both entrances from avenida Rivadavia and from avenida Callao.
The visit is with a special registration on the web. On Monday they opened the registration at noon and when I tried at 1 pm there were no more tickets.

I happened to be walking by the Edificio del Molino on Thursday night when men were loading bentwood chairs into a large truck for restoration.

Here's a possibility for getting a free pass for the del Molino tour. Open the page early, fill out the form before noon, and then precisely at the stroke of noon, enter your form into the system. I figured that out after two unsuccessful attempts.

DSCN9132.JPGDSCN9133.JPGDSCN9134.JPG

It is wonderful that they are progressing enough to show del Molino !

I'm sorry that there's to be no more tango at Confiteria Ideal. For me, a nonparticipant who nevertheless enjoys watching tango it was in the Goldilocks zone of places to take visiting friends. Not as hard as a real milonga, not as soft as a formulaic tango show it was "just right"
Confiteria Ideal is indeed a gem ! Years ago I`d eat their mediochre lunches, just because the setting was so beautiful !

El Molino salon and confiteria are on the schedule for Noche de Los Museos, Oct 22, 2022.

With regard to the Del Molino Building, on this occasion, it will be possible to visit the emblematic ballrooms and the confectionery space, where visitors will be able to enjoy live music shows and exhibitions of historical objects.

Back