Consumer Protection Agency in Buenos Aires

And yes I do have many Argentine friends but with the scale of projects could never find enough good people. Hey, that's great you've had so many great experiences there with vendors. You should assemble them all together and make a referral website. :p You could make a fortune.

LOL, not “so many great experiences”...just that my experiences thus far (minimal that they have been) have been good. The worst was being overcharged on taxis. Uber has solved that issue.

Again, hoping to hear good news on resolution from Jantango. Maybe now we can get back on topic.

After filing a complaint with the Consumer Protection Agency, they prepare a CEDULA DE NOTIFICATION - AUDENCIA, an official city government document notifying both parties of the date, time, and location of the hearing. It was delivered to my door this morning by a process server. I signed a copy of the notice for proof that I was duly notified of the hearing. The other party (our administrator) will be notified and receive a copy of the documents I filed with the agency. Our hearing is at 9:30am on October 30, the date I was offered on Sept 4.

I am satisfied with the way my complaint filed on Sept 4 has been handled. The administrator has continued to ignore phone calls from owners and my emails about building matters.

The worst was being overcharged on taxis.

I actually regard BA taxis one of the best in the world. And Uber of BA , one of the worst in the world. Use 2~4 taxis a day here.

yes, one in 15 drivers do try to take a longer route. but at least 14 of them are good in sense of manners, integrity and knowledge of the city and hardly anyone uses the GPS. Yes, one in 15 Uber drivers is good and can arrive without getting lost but most of them are super dumb and often get lost despite using the GPS.

Price difference is not much in Argentina..maybe 15% at best. And Uber here does a lot "Peak rate hours" at any damn hour. Plus if you delay to take action by calling the uber immediatey on search, they increase fare very rapidly in the app.

In lot of other countries, taxis are really expensive versus Uber //and Uber or Grab drivers are really good.

After filing a complaint with the Consumer Protection Agency, they prepare a CEDULA DE NOTIFICATION - AUDENCIA, an official city government document notifying both parties of the date, time, and location of the hearing. It was delivered to my door this morning by a process server. I signed a copy of the notice for proof that I was duly notified of the hearing. The other party (our administrator) will be notified and receive a copy of the documents I filed with the agency. Our hearing is at 9:30am on October 30, the date I was offered on Sept 4.

I am satisfied with the way my complaint filed on Sept 4 has been handled. The administrator has continued to ignore phone calls from owners and my emails about building matters.

Keep us posted how the hearing goes on October 30. Thanks.

I actually regard BA taxis one of the best in the world. And Uber of BA , one of the worst in the world. Use 2~4 taxis a day here.

yes, one in 15 drivers do try to take a longer route. but at least 14 of them are good in sense of manners, integrity and knowledge of the city and hardly anyone uses the GPS. Yes, one in 15 Uber drivers is good and can arrive without getting lost but most of them are super dumb and often get lost despite using the GPS.

Price difference is not much in Argentina..maybe 15% at best. And Uber here does a lot "Peak rate hours" at any damn hour. Plus if you delay to take action by calling the uber immediatey on search, they increase fare very rapidly in the app.

In lot of other countries, taxis are really expensive versus Uber //and Uber or Grab drivers are really good.

I totally agree with you Ceviche. Taxi drivers in BA are fabulous, IMHO. I've never had any problems with them. Sure, a few of them aren't the best drivers but at least they get you where you want to go quickly. Sometimes when they aren't sure which is the quicker route they always ask me the route they plan on taking and I'll tell them another but they are always open to suggestions and nod in agreement.

I've found Uber in BA pretty horrible. They always are later than when the phone says they will arrive. Sometimes they never show up, pass the pick up point, etc. Plus prices aren't that good compared to taxis. I don't really find any use to use Uber in BA compared to every other city that I travel to. Plus it's kind of annoying always having to sit in the front seat with them. Sometimes I have sensitive emails and work I have to do and don't want to sit in the front but they are always so paranoid about taxi drivers hassling them so the past few I took they pleaded with me to sit in the front.

I stopped using Uber in BA after trying them a few times.

I totally agree with you Ceviche. Taxi drivers in BA are fabulous, IMHO. I've never had any problems with them. Sure, a few of them aren't the best drivers but at least they get you where you want to go quickly. Sometimes when they aren't sure which is the quicker route they always ask me the route they plan on taking and I'll tell them another but they are always open to suggestions and nod in agreement.

I've found Uber in BA pretty horrible. They always are later than when the phone says they will arrive. Sometimes they never show up, pass the pick up point, etc. Plus prices aren't that good compared to taxis. I don't really find any use to use Uber in BA compared to every other city that I travel to. Plus it's kind of annoying always having to sit in the front seat with them. Sometimes I have sensitive emails and work I have to do and don't want to sit in the front but they are always so paranoid about taxi drivers hassling them so the past few I took they pleaded with me to sit in the front.

I stopped using Uber in BA after trying them a few times.

One of your best posts, early retirement. Couldn't agree more! ( i hate it when a Uber driver forces me to sit in front..and this happens only with Uber BA - and no where else).

I've always laughed when folks have complained about taxi drivers in Buenos Aires. All in all they are the best I've experienced anywhere in the world.

I have to agree with others about Uber in BA - I’ve had poor experiences as well, and almost no problems with taxis. I wish Uber would get their act together because it could be a good service - but they’ve done a terrible job of it.

i have only had one bad experience with an uber driver. generally i find it works pretty well. i prefer to use cabify when i can because they seem to have better quality cars.

Back