Contact lenses - online - possible in BA?

nouveau

Registered
Does anyone know if you can order contact lenses on the Net while here in Buenos Aires? A friend is currently paying $490 for a monthly supply from a local opticians, which seems rather a lot to me - about £80. I know in the UK it's very easy and cheap to buy lenses online, but I don't know if this is possible in BA too?

I´d be very interested in finding out the answer to this too.. the lenses I brought with me from the UK will run out soon!

I just went to Walmart with my contact lens boxes and they ordered them right there for me. The price for 12 boxes was 325 USD. However, as I use my contacts for a month, not the 2 weeks they say, it winds up only being about 160 USD per year.

Your friend should ask around - that price is ridiculous. I paid 1300 pesos for a year's supply and mine are special order, astigmatisms in both eyes & blind.

Yeah, that's a silly price. I paid something like 600 pesos for 6 months supply (ie 6 pairs) from the opticians next door to where I live.

Thanks, guys - my friend's tried two opticians and they both came out with this expensive quote of $490 pesos for a month's supply. Could you let me have the addresses of your cheaper opticians? It's not like he's got that bad eyesight either, which makes the high price even more ludicrous.

I went to the Walmart at DOT and they special ordered them for me and arrived in about a week. Prior to that, I had checked several opticians in my neighborhood which were slightly more expensive but not shockingly. I went with Walmart (which I hate normally) because they could get my special-order contacts in much quicker than the opticians.

What brand does your friend use? Easy enough to just call several places and check on prices. But like I said, mine are special order accuvue lens due to the fact I'm blind, have bad astigmatisms and need disposable and my price came out to about 200 a month (if I only used them 2 weeks but since 2 weeks = monthly), winds up being 100 pesos a month.

Citygirl, that's great! I'd originally thought you were meaning Walmart in America! Hadn't realised they had a presence in BA. We'll definitely go there, sounds the easiest option. I don't think my friend's prescription is very strong, but he says a couple of places he tried both came up with a quote in the $490 pesos for 1 month's supply region, which sounded very steep.

I ordered a few pairs (i use the "weekly" ones but usually use them for a month) and got them delivered to someone in the uk who then took them out the box and sent them in an envelope to me "registered"
They arrived no problem.

Back