Contract (Independent) Pastelera Needed For Big Apple

jackbrooker

Registered
BIG APPLE is seeking an experienced and accomplished PASTELERA to work with us as an outside contractor, We want to be clear this is not a full time or part time job that we seek, but an opportunity to display your talents and sell your product to us.

Your desserts must be creative and of high quality, but not necessarily ¨high end¨ and you must be willing to submit samples.

We prefer desserts that are typically North American in style, and some local favs are welcome also, but we are open to your suggestions. After all, you´re the expert.

Please submit your CV and foto to us in response to this posting if you are interested to [email protected]

www.bigapplebuenosaires.com @BigAppleBA
BIG APPLE 1.jpgBIG APPLE 2.jpgBIG APPLE 3.jpg

I want to be part of the examining panel! I will do it for free.
Let me know when the tasting day is and I will be there!

:p

I hope it is a FOTO of the pastries and not of the out side contractor.

Unbelievable that you are trying to hire a North-American on personal looks not quality of work.
Why not go for broke and ask for a minimum bra size.

The guy is just asking for someone to make some muffins and cookies cheesecake and such I guess .... if it isnt for you... cool.....so much negativity always on here scares people who want to offer work or maybe give an opportunity to someone....

Tangerine what are you talking about ????-- all it says is they want north american style pastry.. what are you talking about with bra size?... i dont see anything other than send a cv and foto... putting a name with a face is not a big deal.... it doesnt say you have to even be north american... that is the style of desserts they need!.. the place is called the big. apple!!

this job might not be for everyone but i doubt a small place needs a full time person to make pastries.. so he is looking for a part time person....

I dont even know this owner..... but give this guy a break... this might be cool opportunity for someone ....

this job might not be for everyone but i doubt a small place needs a full time person to make pastries.. so he is looking for a part time person....

I dont even know this owner..... but give this guy a break... this might be cool opportunity for someone ....

No offense to the owner, I don't know him either but I think what might possibly be upsetting so many BAexpaters is the fact that it's not really job that's being offered so much as a solicitation for free services.

I'm sure he'll pay for the product. I ran a one night a week Milonga and certainly didn't have enough volume to warrant hiring a pastry chef, so I bought home made pies from people I knew. It's the same idea I'd guess.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]he says....."sell your product to us" he is buying the stuff.... he just wants a person to bring a few samples to show what the person can make..... I still dont understand the problem? [/background]

I suppose some people confuse pastry at professional level and home cooking. Perhaps at the joint there is no equipment to make pastry, or there is no enough space to add it, or the owner simply hasn't that much demand of pastries to justify setting up a dedicated area and staff.

I went to a café in Olivos who did the same. The owner had a girl bringing in the pastries and cake, he carried 5-6 types of cakes/pastries at once. They looked like they were home made, no fancy stuff, hearty and nice. I suppose the girl was making some easy money and the guy was happy with this simple arrangement for his small café.

Such a thing is possible if you don't have to prepare great quantities of stuff. For example, a home-sized kitchen robot can work up to 2 kg of soft dough at once (such as for a soft cake), and up to 1 kg of hard dough (such as the one for bread, panettone, pizza, etc.)

I don't know what are the sanitary rules about food here, in Europe you need a dedicated space who passed the sanitary inspection, you cannot cook your food at home and put it for sale to the public, not even if you are the owner of the place.

On a side note, now that I think about it, the only cake contest I ever participated in, I won it with a North American recipe by Paula Deen (I won a Samsung television).

nmjouv.jpg

121deeo.jpg

Back