Controlling Crypto Currencies in a Currency Control Regime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverique

Registered
In addition to working on my thesis on Machismo in Argentina, I'm also doing some paid research for the Economics Department (I have a bachelors degree in Economics) on how to manage a currency control regime in the age of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin will be used by greedy capitalist speculators to get around currency controls. Here are some of the ways we have discussed to thwart this:

1. Internet blockade of all bitcoin trading platforms (using China Great Wall technology).
  2. Laws prohibiting crypto-currency transactions
  3. Laws allowing confiscation of all crypto-currency assets
  4. Prohibition of publication of the so called "Blue Dolar" rate and internet blockade of all Blue Dolar exchange rates.
I'd like to solicit any ideas on how to prevent this pernicious effort to circumvent currency controls.

You really have too much free time. You are trying to change thousands of years of human behavior.

In addition to working on my thesis on Machismo in Argentina, I'm also doing some paid research for the Economics Department (I have a bachelors degree in Economics) on how to manage a currency control regime in the age of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin will be used by greedy capitalist speculators to get around currency controls.

I'd like to solicit any ideas on how to prevent this pernicious effort to circumvent currency controls.
The primary answers to your issue will lie in the realms of hardware and software. Your economists will have their role, as will the law, but the drivers and enablers will be software architects, physicists (quantum computing etc), and senior engineers. If your economist backers are serious, they should be talking with these people now. The future is moving backward fast.

Here are some of the ways we have discussed to thwart this:
  1. Internet blockade of all bitcoin trading platforms (using China Great Wall technology).
  2. Laws prohibiting crypto-currency transactions
  3. Laws allowing confiscation of all crypto-currency assets
  4. Prohibition of publication of the so called "Blue Dolar" rate and internet blockade of all Blue Dolar exchange rates.

I think you can erase everything except the word China and it will make as much sense.
In a nutshell, you want the world the world to look like China (or China on steroids).
Good luck with that.

The primary answers to your issue will lie in the realms of hardware and software. Your economists will have their role, as will the law, but the drivers and enablers will be software architects, physicists (quantum computing etc), and senior engineers. If your economist backers are serious, they should be talking with these people now. The future is moving backward fast.
Software engineers - I prefer to call them technicians - are like robots. You point them in the right direction and then let them churn away in front of their monitors, checking them periodically as they invariably go off course like retarded carrier pigeons (as you can tell I used a lot of these drones in my economics projects). The answers to these questions will not be answered by these technicians. We Economists provide the answers, the technicians merely provided the tools we use to implement them.

Software engineers - I prefer to call them technicians - are like robots. You point them in the right direction and then let them churn away in front of their monitors, checking them periodically as they invariably go off course like retarded carrier pigeons (as you can tell I used a lot of these drones in my economics projects). The answers to these questions will not be answered by these technicians. We Economists provide the answers, the technicians merely provided the tools we use to implement them.

Viva La Comandante Maverik..!!

No worries artificial intelligence is coming and we are all doomed. So no need to worry being an economist AI will have your job soon. The programmers will see to that.

... Economists ....

Another one huh?
TheDonald said:
... the world needs more thieves.
Shouldn´t it be illegal to teach stuff like that for a Degree in Economics?

The largest concentration of illegal Economists/Vulture-wannabies per capita on the planet are all here in Argentina.

Vultures/Economists-wannabies in Argentina is an oxymoron fallacy.
You´re in the wrong country. Living off free stuff paid by Argentine taxpayers is a scam..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back