Converting An At&t Iphone For Use In Argentina?

HelaineT

Registered
Hi all.
I'm getting a new iPhone and want to use my older one as my phone in Argentina. It's been difficult for me to adapt to the primitive little phone I got for my Claro account. However my iPhone is an AT&T-dedicated phone, and would have to be modified to use with another company. That's what one kid in a Claro shop told me a year ago. He had offered to do the operation for me, but said it then couldn't go back to AT&T. (I'm changing phones because I'm switching to Verizon anyway.)

Anyone know about what it takes to do this?

It's really easy as long as it meets the requirements,
Just read this, then check and it click agree then fill out the form. I've done it a couple times because I take my parents old iphone handmedowns when they upgrade

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/?

You should be able to get your phone unlocked by AT&T itself if you paid a full two year plan. Once unlocked, you can use it with AT&T or anyone else whom you choose that has a GSM network (which is Argentina's case). If your phone is factory unlocked, then you can use it with any carrier anywhere.

Exactly what those two said. The unlock process from AT&T takes about 2-3 days and is as easy as can be.

Exactly what those two said. The unlock process from AT&T takes about 2-3 days and is as easy as can be.

"DAYS"?

Or did you mean "Minutes" or "Hours"?

If you call them on the phone (Skype to their toll-free number) and you have your AT&T SIM card still, they'll walk you through it in about 5 to 10 minutes. (And I meant MINUTES.)

HelaineT , if your AT&T iphone is still under contract, the firm won't give you the _Unblock_ or unlock
liberate code so no good to use in the étranger places. Now if you have already fulfilled your 2 years with AT&T, then you can email them for the unlocking code..I was in the same situation for my last trip to Peru,Chile for my iphone 5S to wanting to use it in overseas, but they said No way Jose. So reluctantly called on the Gevey chip paid US$14 bucks then Voila ! My iphone was unlocked!

HelaineT , if your AT&T iphone is still under contract, the firm won't give you the _Unblock_ or unlock
liberate code so no good to use in the étranger places. Now if you have already fulfilled your 2 years with AT&T, then you can email them for the unlocking code..I was in the same situation for my last trip to Peru,Chile for my iphone 5S to wanting to use it in overseas, but they said No way Jose. So reluctantly called on the Gevey chip paid US$14 bucks then Voila ! My iphone was unlocked!
(my bolding - HT)

Hybrid Ambassador, what do you mean by the last sentence, please?

"DAYS"?

Or did you mean "Minutes" or "Hours"?

If you call them on the phone (Skype to their toll-free number) and you have your AT&T SIM card still, they'll walk you through it in about 5 to 10 minutes. (And I meant MINUTES.)

Sorry Napoleon, but AT&T has changed their policy re: unlocking. They will no longer clear the unlock via telephone, but require completion of the online form on their web site.

Trust me, I just did this last week - probably the 6th or 8th time I've dealt with this.

Back