Converting to Spanish Keyboard

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
I have a US laptop; Sony VAIO with a US keyboard. This VAIO has a nifty feature in that the keyboard has a rubberized, removable cover that fits exactly over the keys. Prevents dust, dirt, and hamburger crumbs from falling down in between the keys. Just pull off the cover, give it a quick wipe down, and put it back on.

I was thinking that I might be able to convert my keyboard to Spanish in Windows 7 then get a cover from the Sony store here that has the keys marked in Spanish.

Anyone know if / how I can do either of those things?

Thanks!

Jeff

If i understand you correctly - you dont need to convert anything, just set your keyboard to USA International, then you can get the ó/ü/í/é etc keys..

' + e/i/o/u = é/í/ó/ú
" + u = ü
~ + n = ñ
ALT + ? = ¿

I think thats all thats needed...

much easier way
set in keyboards in stead of US use US International

then the accent keynext to semicolon works as accent (type the accent then a letter and you have the letter accented á ó ú and for the ñ same idea but use the key below the esc key which shows `~ these two signs...to get the Ñ hold down shift press the ~then the n and you have it...

Another user of the US International keyboard. Accents work very simply but the ñ is a slight pain in the ass when it's in the middle of words mañana.

PhilipDT said:
Another user of the US International keyboard. Accents work very simply but the ñ is a slight pain in the ass when it's in the middle of words mañana.

The one you see all the time in the U.S is..... Feliz Ano Nuevo.... :)
and not at the proctologist office.

Back