Cord from MacBook to Flat Screen TV?

eschal

Registered
Does anybody know what type of chord is needed so that I can I play movies from my Macbook onto my flat screen, and is anybody selling one? or know where I buy one?
Thanks

I just bought cords for my Macbook + a flat panel tv to give me a bigger picture.
I'm moving to La Plata and plan to use it to watch movies and American tv channels on USTVNOW.com.
The cords that I bought are
Rocketfish mini stereo audio cable which has prod # RF-AP311 on the box
Rocektfish Mini DVI-To-DVA Adapter, # RF-AP304
Dynex VGA Display Cable for Video # DX-C102111

I've tried them out here in Florida and they seem to work.

Good luck, let me know if they work for you.
Jeff

Thanks Jeff! Great info, do you by any chance know where I can buy these cables here in Buenos Aires?

Sorry, I don't know anything about shopping in B.A.
Apple sells a device in there stores but I think it limits you to Itunes.
Is it possible for you to order online ie: Amazon? and get delivery there?

You should have no problem buying these cables at Galeria Jardin, on Calle Florida in the MicroCentro- its a multiple story shopping mall with tens of stores selling everything electronic.
They may not have the exact brands mentioned, but they will have cables that will do the job.

http://wander-argentina.com/galeria-jardin—computer-gear-on-florida-street/

you may want to take your laptop with you to make sure you get the right cables.

these are generic cables, they are not Apple specific.

I agree that if you want to shop for other cables, you should take your MacBook and flat panel with you to the store and try it before you buy. But this requires the store to let you open the boxes and plug in your tv.
I bought mine at Best Buy. I've always had good experiences there so I didnt bring my flat panel to the store when I went to buy the cables.
However, when I got the cables home and tried them, they didnt work. I had to take them back and get a refund.
Then I consulted their Geek Squad experts and left the store with a second set of cables.
Again, I had to bring them back for a refund (to wit: waiting on lines again).
Finally I brought my flat panel to the store and persuaded the manager of the Geek Squad to open the boxes and test the cables before I bought them.
As I said, these are the cables that finally worked for me.

Depends on what kind of outputs your computer has and what kind of imputs your TV has. Macstation stores have pretty much every version. I'd go ask there or figure out what you need and call.

Back