Cordoba vs Rosario vs Mendoza vs BA ?

brianIs42

Registered
Hi all,

Heading down to join y'all in a couple weeks - can't wait! (coming from Colorado Springs)

I will need to find work, but at the same time I want to be IN Argentina. For example, were I coming to the USA I might touch down in NYC but like LA its not a preference for living - not like say Cincinnati or Denver or Portland or Austin.

Cordoba seems like a lovely and intriguing place, and it would seem that the larger cities would afford more work opportunities. And true enough work is not everything!

I'd love to hear opinions of quality-of-life in those top 4 cities.

And if anyone has employment suggestions (software, science, writing) I'll jump right on it.

appreciatively,
brian

Welcome to Argentina! I have lived in Cordoba for a little over two years now, and I like it. It's a big dirty college town, so there are lots of cultural activities, nightlife, and organizations to participate in. The Cordobese are welcoming, and as there is not too much international tourism here, quite friendly. The Sierras de Cordoba are as close as an hour away, so it's easy to get out of town and explore outdoor activities and quiet beautiful places.

As far as jobs, Intel and HP both have large offices here and pay pretty well. Several expats work there, and I also know an expat who owns her own tech company and another who manages the Cordoba office of a larger US based tech company.

Please feel free to send me a PM if you have questions about the area. The best place to get in touch with other expats living in Cordoba is on the facebook group, Expats in Cordoba Argentina.

Suerte!

Back