Corn Tortillas (with delivery)

baraka

Registered
I just got finished making some awesome grilled quesadillas with corn tortillas. Corn tortillas being hard to find, I thought I'd share where I got them.

Gabriela, an expat Mexican woman living in Buenos Aires, makes and sells them. She sells the corn tortillas by the kilo (20 pesos a kilo, which is more than 50 tortillas), and if you want delivery it's another 10 pesos (not sure which barrios are included for delivery, but down to the centro / Recoleta is included for sure). If you want to pick them up yourself, she's near Palermo (in the 600 block of Scalabrini Ortiz). Order 2 days ahead of delivery / pick-up.

Gaby: [email protected]

I'm not sure what her English abilities are, but there's always google translator.

Happy eating...

Oh my goodness you have truly answered my dreams.

oh my goodness, who could use 50 tortillas? Don't they spoil in record time? I don't think they can be frozen. The price seems far from a bargain.

You can freeze the tortillas, I think?! This is awesome.

ETA: I just asked Gaby (who posted right after you) whether she thinks it's ok to freeze them. This is the info I saw online about freezing them:
Frozen tortillas keep almost indefinitely under ideal freezing temperature (0°F or colder), but do lose their flavour and moisture within a matter of weeks in refrigerator freezing compartments at higher temperatures. Those that aren't frozen may be kept refrigerated for 14-21 days, or frozen at home for some what longer storage.

I've ordered them twice.

There is now only one thing I miss from the US: good beer!

I've ordered them too-- delicious! I've been eating on them, without freezing, for about a week and a half now, and not a change in goodness, no mold, nothing like that.

Honestly, possibly the best corn tortillas I've ever eaten! The flavor is amazing.

Currently eating: asparagus tacos. Mmm.

Back