Correo - Where Can I Read The Laws-Is It A Crime (Sis)?

jbhenson

Registered
I had several packages that I had bought before Christmas in November trying to have some scientific instruments sent to me here. Ok I expected to have to pay some TAXES, but let me tell the whole story.

First the item says it entered the country in December, hung around in the central office for 2 weeks then got sent to the town where I am. I found the packages were in Aduana and went to try to get them. The guy at the desk told me to wait until I got the paperwork for them. 2 weeks later no paperwork. I went back to the office and they said come back in a week or two. I refused, and asked to speak to a supervisor, he left and didnt return for a while.

I went into another smaller office and asked the Auduana officials there to help , We explained the packages had been there for a month and he came out had the guy at the front desk check for my packages.

The guy at the front desk went to the back and then came back out with his supervisor and immediately starting lying saying I didnt want to do the paperwork.
I told him no thats not true,

I did state however but the paperwork he wanted was an unecessary process because I wasn't a citizen and wasnt sending Argentinian funds abroad.
The auduana supervisor told him I was correct,

but then told me I could only recieve packages from my home country without paying TAXES, I explained I had n problem paying taxes but that the package had been in their hands for more than a month and they werent delivering it. I just wanted to get my package.

They find the packages and tell me the paperwork to get them will be delivered later on today. come back with it, I coudlnt get them now????? Nope I had to have the paperwork. (so someone had to write these, then someone had to deliver these papers, then I had to come back, find a parking space, and carry a toddler around wasting more of MY TIME. No problem we left and came back.

Now when we arrive the NEW guy at front desk says I dont have the paperwork to get my packages from AFIP, Aduana, whatever you want to call them. I explain again the packages from my country isnt necesarry

A woman appears(new supervisor) and says the same thing the first Aduana guy did, only this time she starts rifling through my passport.

When I ask why she says because she"works for customs AND IMMIGRATION" she wants to make sure I havent overstayed my visa.

I said I resnted the insinuation that I was committing a crime, and asked to see her credentials showing that she worked for immigrations, SHE LEFT. and sent out another gentleman who showed me credentials for AFIP, long story short SHE LIED too.

I got my packages from the US well 2 of them and they are saying that I can only get 2 more that I paid for in china, the others will be returned. My understanding of the law is IF ITS GIFTS, you can get unlimited amounts as an Argentinian citizen. they dont want you sending Argentinian money to other countries, Me Im an American whos bringing DOLLARS here,

Is it a crime for a public official to say they work for someone they dont, say immigirations and where can I read the postal laws, import laws indept?

Ok I read Resolución General AFIP Nº 3579/2014 but it appears to all be geared towards keeping Argentian funds from going abroad via e commerce. so why are postal officials trying to enforce it on me an American bringing dollars here?

Hello JB,

I understand you don't live in CF but however you have issue with an Aduana office, so I think you might find useful these threads:

http://baexpats.org/topic/29758-form-to-fill-out-before-getting-packages-at-retiro/page__hl__4550#entry250423
http://baexpats.org/topic/31373-helpful-tip-success-at-intl-correo-today/page__hl__4550

There are more threads about this subject, just type "4550" in the search box - that is the AFIP form you must have with you when you go to the aduana. I myself never received any good while here, so I am no expert about paying taxes on goods or filling in form 4550.

The experience will be frustrating if you keep confronting them. This is not the US, the customer is never right, especially when the customer is a foreigner dealing with a public office. It will always be your problem, and never their problem.

Another option is to contact Defensoría del turista

[email protected]

Defensoría del Turista
Defensoría del Pueblo de la C.A.B.A.
Entidad firmante del Acta de Compromiso para la Promoción
del Código de Conducta Nacional para la Protección de los
Derechos de Niñas, Niños y Adolescentes en Viajes y Turismo

You should be carefull about confronting a public officer. If she is a bi..ch, she can start a criminal case agaibst you for contraband or for attack to a public officer. Even the case is hilarious, you are going to be under criminal prosecution.

As it was mentioned, you are not a customer, instead you are an adult who has to show up with the proper form filled and the agent didn't lie, you just didn't want/know you have to go with the form.

As far as you are receibing mail from China, they are not stupid, they know that the affidavid that states the box is a present is an obvious lie. So, confronting them is suicidal.

In my experience, it works better to pretend to be humble and ask "how should i do it".

You should be carefull about confronting a public officer. If she is a bi..ch, she can start a criminal case agaibst you for contraband or for attack to a public officer. Even the case is hilarious, you are going to be under criminal prosecution.

As it was mentioned, you are not a customer, instead you are an adult who has to show up with the proper form filled and the agent didn't lie, you just didn't want/know you have to go with the form.

As far as you are receibing mail from China, they are not stupid, they know that the affidavid that states the box is a present is an obvious lie. So, confronting them is suicidal.

In my experience, it works better to pretend to be humble and ask "how should i do it".

The thing is, the resolution states that foreign citizens ARENT required to do the paperwork. Im not confronting them, i merely ask their name so I can report it to the next person I wrote a letter to. I spoke with the consulate on several occasions including speaking with the VICE CONSUL I was told by the Argentinain Consul that the resolution only applies to Argentinian citizens.

The boxes we received had been opened and more than 20 items were stolen.

As far as criminal case for contraban, they went through every box and there was no contraband.. The agent did lie, the agent said we refused, he never asked us to fill it out, we never refused I stated as the Aduana agent confirmed that as a us citizen Im not required to fill out the paperwork, nor does the 2 package limit apply to foreigners.

I dont know where you read that, thats not what I stated. Any I hope this clarified that for you.

Another option is to contact Defensoría del turista

[email protected]

Defensoría del Turista
Defensoría del Pueblo de la C.A.B.A.
Entidad firmante del Acta de Compromiso para la Promoción
del Código de Conducta Nacional para la Protección de los
Derechos de Niñas, Niños y Adolescentes en Viajes y Turismo

Thank you, very helpful

Hello JB,

I understand you don't live in CF but however you have issue with an Aduana office, so I think you might find useful these threads:

http://baexpats.org/...550#entry250423
http://baexpats.org/.../page__hl__4550

There are more threads about this subject, just type "4550" in the search box - that is the AFIP form you must have with you when you go to the aduana. I myself never received any good while here, so I am no expert about paying taxes on goods or filling in form 4550.

The experience will be frustrating if you keep confronting them. This is not the US, the customer is never right, especially when the customer is a foreigner dealing with a public office. It will always be your problem, and never their problem.

I understand, and wont send anything in future, but others visiting need to know this stuff.

Is it ture ?
They say that when the better half asks for help, ... they only want to be heard and listened to.
It seems that Bajo fell in the trap, .. when he offered his generous professional advise to solve a problem, ... instead of just listening and empathizing.
It is hard to learn this stuff.
All my life I never knew this .. till it was too late, .. and suffered the grave consequences...

Back