Cost of Remodel

jb5

Registered
We're looking at a large house that needs paint, a bathroom and a new kitchen. Can anyone help us understand costs? Painting 400 MS, a large kitchen with applances and a large bath?

I have a few questions. Is the paint on the exterior or interior? Is there one big space to paint, or is it a few rooms? Also the amount of trim, borders, and other places where precision is necessary will matter. Then you need to look at the state the paint is in currently, the amount of layers you want, if you want everything one color or different colors... etc. In the kitchen and bathroom it depends on how much tile you are looking to put up, if any tiles are need to be torn down etc.. I am not currently living in BA, but I do have a friend from the states who is an albanil and painter, and if you wish PM me and Ill give him your contact info so he can stop by and give you a presupesto! Good luck =)

This is a rage, French house with high ceilings and several big rooms. About half has very detailed trim and moulding as is typical in this type of old home. Paint is internal. Present condition is warn. Have sent you contact info.

Here's some advice from someone who has done several projects - renovations, painting, plaster,etc.

Figure about $3000 pesos per room for mano de obra. The only good brand of paint here is Sherwin Williams. Have them skim coat and sand down all of the walls with "enduido" and "fijador" before painting. Buenos Aires is very damp and the paint will simply bubble up and fall off the walls if you don't prepare the surface very well before painting. Have them remove and sand down the sides of all doors prior to painting or they won't close properly when you finish. Also remove any decorative hardware, doorknobs, and replace them after the doors are painted. My partner and I just renovated a 1924 apartment with lots of moldings, glass pane doors, etc. and it took a long time but came out nice in the end.

Back