Cost Of Travel (Extranjero Vs. Paraguayan)

bobg

Registered
For flights and hotel accommodations within Argentina does it make any difference if you are a complete foreigner (e.g. US citizen) or Paraguayan?

Thanks, Bob

Before I had my residency, 4-5 years ago, foreigners paid more for national flights than citizens and residents. Paraguayans (as Mercosur residents) were not exempt from that as my wife paid a different price as well. I never heard about nor experienced the same in hotels.

I've not heard of that having been dropped but wouldn't swear to it.

Extranjeros pay the full price, whereas residents/citizens pay the discounted fare on national flights (they are subsidized).

The hotels applying a different rate depending on your country of residence are just scammers, since they don't get any subsidy. They just want to charge you more because you are a foreigner.
Long distance buses have only one fare, in fact!

If you buy a travel pack (such as from almundo, asatej, despegar), the price will change (for the flight portion) upon disclosing your personal details.

As an example we went to Iguazu a few months back, if it wasnt for our Argentine Extranjeros ID we`d had paid higher prices for our Flights and Entrance to Iguazu park. Hotel made no difference.

As johnw100 already noted you pay a higher price to enter national parks if you are a foreigner.

It doesn't matter where you are from, if you don't have an argentine DNI you pay differently (higher) for domestic flights with Aerolineas Argentinas and admittance to national parks.

Back