Could a certificado de covivencia = precaria familiar for re-entry?

cbbsas

Registered
This may be a subject buried in the various Covid threads but I haven't found it:

Can anyone advise as to whether a UK citizen may be able to enter into Argentina (re-enter, rather) to be reunited - not with their spouse strictly, but with someone they were cohabiting with (for less than 2 years) and with whom they obtained a certificado de covivencia?

dsp27

Registered
This may be a subject buried in the various Covid threads but I haven't found it:

Can anyone advise as to whether a UK citizen may be able to enter into Argentina (re-enter, rather) to be reunited - not with their spouse strictly, but with someone they were cohabiting with (for less than 2 years) and with whom they obtained a certificado de covivencia?
Send an email to the Argentine embassy in London. Still my guess is no. I think you need to be civil partners at least - co-vivencia is not good enough.

antipodean

Registered

Yes. I know a few unmarried/ not in civil union foreign nationals who have done this recently to be with their partners here.
Suggest to use an immigration lawyer in Argentina to advise and get the documents from here in order.

Bajo_cero2

Registered
SC last year in October ruled about familly re unification. I guess your best bet is to apply for habeas corpus before a travel or to just marry, a divorce takes 2 months and about 100.000 p.

dsp27

Registered
Yes. I know a few unmarried/ not in civil union foreign nationals who have done this recently to be with their partners here.
Suggest to use an immigration lawyer in Argentina to advise and get the documents from here in order.
I stand corrected then. Please cbbsas ignore my resposne. But might be helpful to reach out to the embassy regardless.