Could a certificado de covivencia = precaria familiar for re-entry?

cbbsas

Registered
This may be a subject buried in the various Covid threads but I haven't found it:

Can anyone advise as to whether a UK citizen may be able to enter into Argentina (re-enter, rather) to be reunited - not with their spouse strictly, but with someone they were cohabiting with (for less than 2 years) and with whom they obtained a certificado de covivencia?

This may be a subject buried in the various Covid threads but I haven't found it:

Can anyone advise as to whether a UK citizen may be able to enter into Argentina (re-enter, rather) to be reunited - not with their spouse strictly, but with someone they were cohabiting with (for less than 2 years) and with whom they obtained a certificado de covivencia?
Send an email to the Argentine embassy in London. Still my guess is no. I think you need to be civil partners at least - co-vivencia is not good enough.

Yes. I know a few unmarried/ not in civil union foreign nationals who have done this recently to be with their partners here.
Suggest to use an immigration lawyer in Argentina to advise and get the documents from here in order.

SC last year in October ruled about familly re unification. I guess your best bet is to apply for habeas corpus before a travel or to just marry, a divorce takes 2 months and about 100.000 p.

Yes. I know a few unmarried/ not in civil union foreign nationals who have done this recently to be with their partners here.
Suggest to use an immigration lawyer in Argentina to advise and get the documents from here in order.
I stand corrected then. Please cbbsas ignore my resposne. But might be helpful to reach out to the embassy regardless.

Hello! I’m about to start this process. Did you get anywhere/Do you have any advice? I am UK National permanent resident in US, partner is Argentine. We want to get back and visit family together but no chance of me getting in as a tourist so wondering if the civil union route is an option?

i was able to enter with a certificado de pareja registrada. this document doesn not require two years of cohabitation, just two witnesses in each location. i made it with my partner at a escribano in Buenos Aires before leaving and it was quite easy to enter with. however, you can do it in the UK, have it translated, notarized, and apostilles, and then enter with it.

there's a well-documented process to enter with this document. check out the migraciones instagram page for the reunification familiar requirements. for a very in depth look at the process, the Facebook group "love is not tourism Argentina" is indespensible.

Thank you so much! We are going to the embassy next week to get the document notarized and they confirmed the same to me over the phone: good to go with this! Family reunión ❤️

Back