Counterfeit money from taxi driver

some people will complain about anything.
me, I take 2 to 4 collectivos a day. Taxis are kind of a luxury, especially since a collectivo is only 13 pesos or so- versus a pound and a half for a ride in London. I doubt London buses have diamond quilted vinyl curtains, etched mirrors, or filetedora paint jobs, though.
Yes people will complain about everything however the experiences mentioned here are worthy of complaining. Getting robbed is not an acceptable experience for anyone and 'part of the fun' for getting taxis.

some people will complain about anything.
me, I take 2 to 4 collectivos a day. Taxis are kind of a luxury, especially since a collectivo is only 13 pesos or so- versus a pound and a half for a ride in London. I doubt London buses have diamond quilted vinyl curtains, etched mirrors, or filetedora paint jobs, though.

Ha. but what importance are those things when the buses are filled to dangerous levels, often old and under-maintained (hence the aged decorative touches you mentioned), drivers unwilling or unable to pull into the side of the road, drivers who routinely break traffic laws (speeding leading them), and are simply not efficient and organized. I am a fan of the bus system here, but only because it is so cheap and yes I also take buses for 90% of travelling in the city. It's fantastic that it is so accessible. That said, like taxis it does not compare to the service in London, but as you rightly pointed out, bus riding in London is hardly a very cheap thing to do.

If seeking a good level of service is complaining about anything then sign me up. Simply accepting "that's the way it is, deal with it" is part of Argentina's problem.

Buses in most US cities, like Seattle, are double what London buses are- $2.50 US / over 150 pesos. ten times Buenos Aires. And for that, you get a level of service far below here. You get ranting madmen, literally, screaming obscenities. You get not just the odor, but the reality, of vomit, urine, and feces. You get drunks, regularly, aggressive, loud, asleep and snoring. You get drug addicts. You get stained and ripped seats.
NONE of which have I ever experienced here.
I have taken buses on 4 continents, and Malta and Hong Kong to boot. I have seen things that would shiver your withers. I have ridden with live chickens and pigs, families eating full meals, drinking parties, people having sex, seen garbage and dirty diapers tossed out the window, along with vomit, of course. I have ridden with snowdrifts of garbage, I have been sworn at by bus drivers. I have been on buses that broke down, got stuck, or just stopped for hours for no reason.

Buenos Aires buses are clean, and the drivers are cordial.
I have never seen a torn seat here, nor smelled foul odors.
No eating, ever.

And, just the other day, Santa was driving the 39, on christmas eve. And he would not let anyone pay.

Attachments

• santabus.jpg
    santabus.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
Back