Country music in BA?

Lisathorn8

Registered
Hello everyone!
I'm Lisa and will be travelling to BA in November and will be staying for a few months - can't wait!
I'm very excited to meet new people, a new culture and explore the city.
I'm a country singer and wondering if anybody knows if there are any country music venues?

I'm also looking to connect with other musicians so feel free to get in touch if country music is your thing. I'm an amateur but love to sing ☺

/Lisa

Argentina is its own country. So their country music is a bit different. But there is lots of it.
you should check it out. Bands like Los Espiritus, for example.
Seems kind of weird to go to a new country, and then try to only live in the old one.
dive into argentine music, you might like it.

Hello Ries

Thank you for writing :)
I like anything country and if there's predominantly old school country I will try and bring something new to Argentina with my own setlist of songs :)
I do like other genres of music as well so will definitely dive into Argentinian music as well so very much looking forward to that.

Thank you for the links, that's great!!

/Lisa

You might consider singing on the subtes to earn some money and could probably meet lots of other musicians that also do that. If you sing well known stardards of Country music or Rock you should get a good response with people singing along. If you learn one or two Latin hits like the song Bailando before you come that might help too.

Last edited:
Hello Macanudo

Thank you for the tip :)
That's an interesting thought - i think in any country if you sing well most people do appreciate it and it's also a great way for exposure too...for sure.

/Lisa

Back