Cover at a sports bar??? Can Alamo be beat?

eastman747

Registered
Hi everyone! I am trying to find a new sports bar that consistently will not let me down when I am trying to follow US sports - NBA playoffs, NFL, Hockey, etc. - I can live without baseball :). Alamo has been great, as they always have a clue what is going on with US sports, however I am growing very tired of having to pay a cover charge for a sports bar in addition to never being able to find a seat there. I am trying to find a place where I can follow the NBA playoffs - any sugguestions? If not, can someone start a sports bar that doesn´t try to gouge you at the door? Thanks everyone!

From what I know there isnt a real cover.. the money you are paying is towards anything you want...... they just are forcing the argies to buy something.. you pay 30 pesos.. you can use that ticket they give you for 30 pesos at the bar for food or drink........
you can try Casabar... or maybe even Sugar will have a game on sometimes... but there isnt a "real" sports bar here for U.S. sports...... they cant get the games all the time..... you can get directv.. and buy basketball.. baseball and football packages.. but college games and stuff are VERY hard to find!!! Alamo is more of a hangout for the Locals now who smoke and are looking for free beer.. you cant get a seat and the smoke is so bad you cant see the tv's hahaha

argsteve said:
From what I know there isnt a real cover.. the money you are paying is towards anything you want...... they just are forcing the argies to buy something.. you pay 30 pesos.. you can use that ticket they give you for 30 pesos at the bar for food or drink........
When I was there for the NCAA Basketball Championship, they charged AR$30 and then you received 2 draft beers (or 2 crap well drinks).

-You did NOT get AR$30 worth of stuff &
-You could not apply any of the value to any other item other than draft beer or crap well drinks

THERE is lies the rub. You will absolutely be able to follow the games at a bar closer to Callao, but it can't be mentioned here or the post won't appear.

I went to Casabar to watch the Mosely-Mayweather fight,which was PPV and Alamo wasnt hosting.
It was a cool place,decent food,but it was a bit of a sausage-fest...AKA not many females.
They did charge a "cover" as does Alamo but again redeemable @ the bar for drink or food.

Back