Covid-19 test made in Argentina for free at Hospitals

Basic economic principle. No such thing as a free lunch. Someone somewhere, explicitly or implicitly is paying for it or bearing the cost.

This test "CovidAr IgG" is an ELISA antibody test. These have been around since March -- just not made in AR -- and unfortunately they are not 100% reliable. It takes weeks in some cases for the body to produce antibodies so this test would not detect all recent infections -- and exactly those recent infections are the ones you need to catch early on to prevent the spread of COVID19. The PCR test remains the gold standard in COVID detection and will remain the case until a cheaper and quicker reliable test is invented.

The PCR test remains the gold standard in COVID detection and will remain the case until a cheaper and quicker reliable test is invented.

Where can one do a PCR test and how much will it cost or can it be covered by prepago? Can one take it voluntarily here?

Last edited:
Where can one do a PCR test and how much will it cost?

The quickest and without having to call in SAME and activate a "sh!t show" emergency protocol in your neighborhood is going to a private lab. I costs 4,500 pesos at CentraLab. You get an appointment and get the results within 24-48 hours. They will take your info and if positive they will call the authorities and you will be registered and put under a mandatory quarantine -- at a hotel or if lucky your home.

If you want to just check if you were exposed to the virus then a simple anybody test -- costs 2000 pesos -- is the best option. You are not registered in the database and you get the results in an email usually the same day or next.

Some how I have no desire to go to a hospital to get a covid test. Do you go back in two weeks to see if you got infected at the hospital?
I was at HA recently a lot because of the born of my daughter. If you have a proper barbijo and lents you are ok.
Covid patients are isolated.
My wife and my daughter were tested before the birth and before to leave.
You can also buy an easy breath snorkel mask for 5000 pesos, an adaptor for 300 pesos with a Virobac filter that for 300 pesos has 99.99% efficiency against virus. However, I suggest to buy the Y adaptor for 2 filters because you have more air inside.easybrath.jpeg

Basic economic principle. No such thing as a free lunch. Someone somewhere, explicitly or implicitly is paying for it or bearing the cost.

This test "CovidAr IgG" is an ELISA antibody test. These have been around since March -- just not made in AR -- and unfortunately they are not 100% reliable. It takes weeks in some cases for the body to produce antibodies so this test would not detect all recent infections -- and exactly those recent infections are the ones you need to catch early on to prevent the spread of COVID19. The PCR test remains the gold standard in COVID detection and will remain the case until a cheaper and quicker reliable test is invented.
They are paid with taxes paid by locals in local currency.
This is not a secret that Argentina cannot pay imported test by millions but now they are producing over 600.000 per month at low cost in pesos with high quality and high reliably.

They are paid with taxes paid by locals in local currency.
This is not a secret that Argentina cannot pay imported test by millions but now they are producing over 600.000 per month at low cost in pesos with high quality and high reliably.

They are reliable to test for antibodies. That's it. NOT reliable to find a recent infection. For that you need a PCR test. Basically, this is one big PR of the government thru its newspaper Pagina12. Let's spend taxpayer's money (the 30% of Argentines who pay taxes at least) to tout that we are making tests that are useless for most part. They have a niche use that's about it. When your wife and child (congrats btw) were tested I am sure they performed a PCR on them and not this test.

1593386008271.png

Back