Covid + passenger boards flight with fake certificate

Now he is facing 15 years in jail. That’s difficult to stomach.
It does seem like a strong punishment for such an act.

But really think about it. If the person knowingly got on a flight while infected, to save money, and, or get home at the risk of exposing unaware people, who could possibly die (Not sure of the odds on this happening, but if you get infected, you could die.) the maximum punishment is both a message to others in society as well as a penalty for a lapse in selfish behavior.

Tough situation, but that is where the person placed themself.

It does seem like a strong punishment for such an act.

But really think about it. If the person knowingly got on a flight while infected, to save money, and, or get home at the risk of exposing unaware people, who could possibly die (Not sure of the odds on this happening, but if you get infected, you could die.) the maximum punishment is both a message to others in society as well as a penalty for a lapse in selfish behavior.

Tough situation, but that is where the person placed themself.
You can indeed make a legitimate case that if you knowingly put other people's life in danger, even more if someone indeed dies as a result of your negligence, that you should be severely punished for that; see also the guy who came back last year from the States, went to a party, infected a lot of other participants, and then also his grandfather died (source infobae)

My point is only: it is hard to imagine that the guy indeed goes to prison for 15 years (and gets even longer sentence then some kind of murderer / rapist). This kind of sentences are (in my very basic legal understanding) hardly ever applied. I would even be surprised if goes to prison at all.

This can only be a partial picture, of course. We will never know or understand all the facts and the situation from his POV.

What stands out is that the guy has the time, means and opportunity to go get his shots abroad, Visa included. He is also young and healthy.

Given the choice of spending an extra 2k and doing things right or «fixing» it for a little less, he chose the Pijotero way and potentially put the lives of those onboard and their close contacts in serious and unnecessary danger.
Had he, at least, warned the airline maybe some other measures could have been taken.

Yet my country hardly ever punishes the criminal, we condemn the asshat who gets caught.

We trade un boludo for un hijo de puta at every opportunity. There's hardly any social condemnation of the worst human beings, only of those who didn't manage to get away with it.

Iz

Could you keep us informed once this has been to court? As far as I see normally these are maximum sentences to scare the people (not only in Argentina). I would actually be surprised if he has to go to prison. Probably a few months on probation or something like that.
Probation and plea bargaining are for a punishment in expectation less than 8 years.

From what I read, it's a little complicated. The guy flew to Miami for vaccination. He got the second vaccine dose a few days before return flight. He did the pre-flight PCR and because of the second dose, the PCR printed positive. The guy attempted to change the flight date, but the airline said it would cost like $2,000. So he got a doctor to write that he presented no covid symptoms. This last part is arguable, because he was caught by a thermocam at Ezeiza. A fever sounds like s symptom to me. But maybe he didn't have a fever when the doctor wrote the verification.

While I don't excuse it, the situation is tough. The $2,000 flight change would be difficult to stomach. Especially since the guy didn't really have covid. The vaccine was what produced the positive PCR.
where did you read this to be fact, that it was caused by the vaccine?

Back