COVID Requirements - Stopping in Peru before Argentina

IslandTime808

Registered
Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me, I'm a little nervous since I fly out next week. I'm moving to Argentina next week from the United States and I have a connection in Lima (Peru). I booked the flight on the same itinerary but the second flight is on a different airline a couple hours after. Not sure if anyone has flown through Lima recently, but my question is what Peru counts as "fully vaccinated" in Peru? I have two Pfeizer shots. Does anyone know if that counts as "fully vaccinated" in Peru? I haven't seen that specifically said on any website, and I'm asking because I have heard Panama can soon be needing three to be considered "fully vaccinated".

Thank you for your help!

This isn't a Peru forum. Just Google "covid entry requirements peru" and you get the US embassy site in Peru that outlines everything.

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help me, I'm a little nervous since I fly out next week. I'm moving to Argentina next week from the United States and I have a connection in Lima (Peru).
Connection flights
  • The passengers that pass through Perú in the connection flights must only present the negative molecular test if the destination country demands it.
  • The passengers in connection flights must always wear two face masks.
Have no idea what Peru counts as "fully vaccinated", but it looks like it is not relevant at all. The requirement to wear two face masks is a nice touch, though. Good luck with your flight!

Last edited:
This isn't a Peru forum. Just Google "covid entry requirements peru" and you get the US embassy site in Peru that outlines everything.

Have no idea what Peru counts as "fully vaccinated", but it looks like it is not relevant at all. The requirement to wear two face masks is a nice touch, though. Good luck with your flight!

Thanks for your response! I wasn’t sure if it would be different for me since I’m guessing I’ll have to leave the terminal and go through security again in Lima to get my to checked in my bags with a new airline

Also for context everything on the Peru Covid websites say “fully vaccinated” but don’t specify if that means two (I’m guessing?) or three, hence the initial question.

i have never seen any requirement which includes boosters. only the initial dose (or doses)

i have never seen any requirement which includes boosters. only the initial dose (or doses)
There are countries that now require the booster if more than x amounts of months have passed since your completed cycle. Only a handful but they are there.

There are countries that now require the booster if more than x amounts of months have passed since your completed cycle. Only a handful but they are there.
This is why, I also think Panama will soon start requiring three dosis. I believe two is good for Peru but wanted to check as it’s a common connection for people flying to Argentina from the US.

Back