Covid Vaccination Argentina

artisans

Registered
As we're all ready on the way with vaccinated health care workers and about to enter Stage 2 vaccinations, here we go with news and insights.

If you have not all ready here's the place to register yourself with the government program Buenos Aires Vacunate. The outreach to identify people who want to be vaccinated, or not, and keep you updated on vaccinations.

Last edited:
Por un temporal de nieve en Moscú, se complicó la carga de vacunas y el avión saldrá con demora hacia la Argentina
Source: Infobae

....For the second stage, which already has 28 out-of-hospital posts for its application, it will continue based on what is established by the National Government. "In this line, at the moment in which the date of a next shipment of vaccines is notified, their quantity and to which group they should be allocated, it will proceed with its implementation and online registration will be enabled," confirms the website of the City and indicates that, according to what has been established so far, "the next group comprises adults over 70 years of age and nursing home residents."....

With this new shipment of doses, (from Russia, arriving this Friday afternoon) the Government will be able to resume the vaccination plan, which had been slowed down by the lack of vaccines.
According to the information provided by the Ministry of Health, so far there are 337,533 vaccinated with the first dose and 196,543 with the second dose.
Source: Infobae

12 February 2021....by María Cafferata
Vaccination in the city of Buenos Aires: criticism of the appointment system implemented.
Independent health professionals could access to obtain an appointment on the official website, but without prior selection criteria. "Vaccines are not consumer goods governed by market laws," denounced the City's Forum of Mental Health Professionals. And they asked that "a single, supportive and organized registry be implemented."

Since the vaccination plan began in the City of Buenos Aires, numerous social, political and union sectors have been demanding greater drive, communication and planning from the city government in the campaign. In the past week, the web-based appointment system for freelance health workers to sign up for their jab has turned into an unusual competition for a place in the wee hours of the morning. The Forum requested that they "implement a single, supportive and organized registry."....

....One of the biggest criticisms of the city vaccination plan refers to its "slowness". To date, some 35,600 people have been vaccinated with the first dose and 20,800 with the second. And there are still about 100,000 health workers to inoculate. From the Buenos Aires government they explain that they are limited by the amount of doses that the national government sends them, which uses an index based on the number of population, rather than health personnel, to distribute them. "The vaccination does not advance slowly, we advance in the measure of the doses that the Nation sends us. In a week we finished all the vaccines that they gave us," assured the Buenos Aires Ministry of Health.

Last edited:
Descargate VacunatePBA
After registering with the government at https://vacunatepba.gba.gob.ar to receive the vaccine for Covid, there have been several e-mails noting 'you are registered'. Well, all good then!.
Also invited to download their app, for Android or iPhone, to allow you to monitor your registration and your 'turns'.
"Ya está disponible la APP para teléfonos móviles VACUNATEPBA que te podes descargar de tu tienda de aplicaciones que te permitirá monitorear el registro y los turnos."
I have tried several times to download this app via their link to Google Play for Androids. The app is there but there's a red letter warning 'this app is not available in your country'. I'm sitting in Buenos Aires. Finally today I called their phone number 148, got an operator, was treated poorly, it was my problem, there was no solution, not anyone to talk to, the app is working smoothly. So, premonitions we're in for the rough ride.
Anyone able to download their app for Android or Google? https://vacunatepba.gba.gob.ar

I have tried several times to download this app via their link to Google Play for Androids. The app is there but there's a red letter warning 'this app is not available in your country'. I'm sitting in Buenos Aires. Finally today I called their phone number 148, got an operator, was treated poorly, it was my problem, there was no solution, not anyone to talk to, the app is working smoothly. So, premonitions we're in for the rough ride.
Anyone able to download their app for Android or Google? https://vacunatepba.gba.gob.ar
I'm able to download the Apple version of the app, I won't be using it since I'm in the city, not the province.

You might have registered with Google Play as living somewhere else? Or its detecting you're using a VPN?

I'm able to download the Apple version of the app, I won't be using it since I'm in the city, not the province.
You might have registered with Google Play as living somewhere else? Or its detecting you're using a VPN?
Thanks for the reply. I suspected the Apple version was working as I was able to get to the app on my Mac laptop but not download.
There was no warning about 'not available....'. No VPN, but will check my Google Play, although I've downloaded other apps successfully.
" I won't be using it since I'm in the city, not the province." Why would that make a difference, CABA versus the Province?

Thanks for the reply. I suspected the Apple version was working as I was able to get to the app on my Mac laptop but not download.
There was no warning about 'not available....'. No VPN, but will check my Google Play, although I've downloaded other apps successfully.
" I won't be using it since I'm in the city, not the province." Why would that make a difference, CABA versus the Province?
OK, good luck with getting the app. I assumed the difference would be that only residents of the province can register to receive the vaccine there?

Looking into Google Play and the registered location, that looks like the issue that's throwing off downloading VacunatePBA. Registered in the US. You can change countries but you can only change it once every 365 days!! And since Google is spread out in my many applications what happens if the location is changed to Argentina? Chaos I suspect.

To your point about residents of Province versus City, good question. Are we not still residents of the Province?
This distinction does make clear though why in registering, there's a Municipality election you have to make, and Capital Federal or CABA is not among the options. Crazy number of municipalities and when registering it didn't prevent my registering as long as I selected one. Argentina bureaucracy disfunction to the hilt.

After all of the problems this throws up I'm thinking having this app may not be worth it. Since they only indicate it's informative, not critical to being registered to receive the vaccine.

Last edited:
Back