COVID vax requirements

Natalie Silverman

Registered
As travel restrictions seem to ease, I am unsure of what to make of the information on the internet and ar.gov sites -and my Spanish is quite rusty. My husband is Argentinian, although he has been in the US so long he only has the old booklet DNI and a passport valid until 2027. He is vaccinated but I am not. Our marriage certificate and our child's birth certificate have apostille for Argentina. We are considering residing in Argentina for an extended time so that my children can become fluent in Spanish. Our tentative departure date is November 15.

Do you believe I be forced to vaccinate if I want to enter Argentina through EZE with my family?

Do you believe I be forced to vaccinate if I want to enter Argentina through EZE with my family?

I believe this article in infobae will answer your question re vaccination (yes but with a possible opt-out). https://www.infobae.com/tendencias/...vas-medidas-que-anuncio-el-gobierno-nacional/
Here is a Google Translate of the opt-out (trust your husband's reading of the original):

"Those people who do not present a complete vaccination scheme, including minors, must perform quarantine, antigen test upon admission, and PCR test on day 7. At the time of reaching 50% of the completely vaccinated population: the antigen test will no longer be performed upon admission (except those not vaccinated) and PCR on day 5-7 and the quota may be lifted."

Last edited:
PS - I traded in a 30-year-old DNI booklet for the new plastic one a couple of years ago with no problems - made application one day and the plastic was available the next day. They did look at my booklet (and me) as a curiosity though! Superior service at Callao y Santa Fe.

@Sojourner .. thanks for your response -it read the same as https://www.argentina.gob.ar/interior/migraciones/ddjj-migraciones ... to me, and my rusty Spanish, it sounds like they have an alternative option for those that do not have an "esquema de vaccination" . However, I find this likely to change by the time we plan to hit EZE.

If I may as you one more question - are coimas still a thing? ... I just want to be prepared. Perhaps a couple hundred in 20s?, I don't want to insult anyone w/ petty coimas either. May I ask for a suggestion?

Others may need to speak on this. The issue of bribes has never come up with me. Certainly it is not something routinely experienced.

If I may as you one more question - are coimas still a thing? ... I just want to be prepared. Perhaps a couple hundred in 20s?, I don't want to insult anyone w/ petty coimas either. May I ask for a suggestion?

If you want to get out of quarantine without vaccination while it is required, then prison is still a thing.
And just out of curiosity, what do you think people do with 20 dollar bills here?

If you want to get out of quarantine without vaccination while it is required, then prison is still a thing.
And just out of curiosity, what do you think people do with 20 dollar bills here?
I didn't mean to insult anyone. I have had success with gifts in the past, sometimes rules are arbitrarily applied to foreigners. Thank you for your input.

I don't mean to be rude myself, but this doesn't really make a lot of sense to me...

Don't you think getting vaccinated is a smarter thing to do, not just for your health, and the health of your loved ones, but also because it's better than risking getting arrested for trying to bribe Migraciones employees with an insulting amount of money? If your reason for not getting vaccinated is due to an actual underlying medical condition it seems to me that traveling during a global pandemic is probably not the best idea, and if your reason is personal in nature, well, it would explain why you think $20 is enough to bribe people here...

This isn't per se directed at OP, but I can't help but feel like this is why so many people think we Americans are arrogant, dumb assholes... like, still in the middle of a global pandemic, Argentina is still struggling to get everyone vaccinated here, millions of people who did get vaccinated are facing restrictions on visiting family and friends abroad because the government doubled down on the Chinese and Russian vaccines, and now we have unvaccinated Americans wanting to travel to Argentina, break several laws of a country they're a guest in, and to do this, they're going to slip the Migraciones agents not a Benjamin, but a $20, as if this was a tip for a family of 5 at Olive Garden...

I mean, I can see it already on the front page of La Nación: <<Pelotudismo: "Antivaxxer" estadounidense detenida en Ezeiza tras de intentar a sobornar migraciones con un billete de 20 dólares>>

Technically she said 200, in 20s. I myself wouldn't try to bribe anyone though. If you don't want to get vaccinated then your best bet is to simply quarantine. It literally makes no sense what you suggested. You plan to come for a period of time long enough to teach your kids Spanish but can't handle a 7 day quarantine??

As travel restrictions seem to ease, I am unsure of what to make of the information on the internet and ar.gov sites -and my Spanish is quite rusty. My husband is Argentinian, although he has been in the US so long he only has the old booklet DNI and a passport valid until 2027. He is vaccinated but I am not. Our marriage certificate and our child's birth certificate have apostille for Argentina. We are considering residing in Argentina for an extended time so that my children can become fluent in Spanish. Our tentative departure date is November 15.

If you are not vaccinated please don't come here. Period

Back