Credit cards with travel rewards

jeff1234

Registered
I've got some trips coming up and I'm looking for recommendations for a credit card with a good rewards program.
I want to be able to earn and redeem points while buying directly from an airline or hotel chain.
It seems like American Express and other require me to buy through their portal which seems to entail higher prices and fees.

Any recommendations?

i use chase’s united mileage plus card and have for years. i book directly through them. if flight problems occur, you can correct them quickly. think you get one for one on purchases and one for flight miles. just payed 40,000 points for a round trip from medellin to phoenix. never liked the disconnect with american express. its a second party

i use chase’s united mileage plus card and have for years. i book directly through them. if flight problems occur, you can correct them quickly. think you get one for one on purchases and one for flight miles. just payed 40,000 points for a round trip from medellin to phoenix. never liked the disconnect with american express. its a second party

Are you limited to flying on United? Do you get their best fares?

Check out ThePointsGuy.com for a pretty complete analysis.

I have a Starwood AmEx card. I earn points, then transfer them to any airline program with a 5000 point bonus for every 20000 points transferred. I then use the points as though it is from the airline.

T/

Back