Crisis

Your post makes a lot of sense Sergio as I do not know one small business that is doing well atm . Its a terrible crisis that is worse for many than 2001 as the costs to run a business and taxes are much much higher now than then and consumption is way down . To be informed and inform others is a public service as the economy show no progress . I am looking forward to leaving Argentina as I do not want to be here in a huge crisis its going to be very ugly and it can be difficult to leave once things get very bad . Venezuela is a case in point once the jewel of South America in the 1970s with the highest standard of living today its hell on earth where people earn at most 20 dollars a month and are denied all services and medicines . In life anything is possible and one must always have a backup plan

The problem in Venezuela is that they had soneone like Maxri and they let him do.

Macanudo, If crises result in creativity then Argentina should be the most creative, successful nation in the world;. Sorry to disagree with Einstein but what Argentina needs is stability, not another crisis.

Just a little detail, small business are not victims neither in this country, they all rise price as soon as they can when people is consuming and they rarely try to defend the consumer interest, to the point that their business model was not to sell more at a better price but to sell less with higher prices, now that finally people have to put more attention on saving and spending where the price is best, is no wonder that many of this shops will be the most affected. You have as well internet sales in part to blame about the steady drop on small business sales.

Yes the retail sector does seem to work in a strange way here...certainly to the advantage of the owner not the customer. They have to take some of the blame for inflation. The whole sector needs a good shake up and if that means some go out of business so be it.
Even internet shopping is nowhere near as competitive as it should be when it comes to pricing.

Times are definitely tough. My sister in law has a small womens clothing store in Belgrano, and she is reluctantly closing it. A combination of less customers and higher costs. Its unfortunate - and to be clear, she doesn’t blame Macri. I think people understand that we are seeing the results of many years of overspending and underproduction. The policies of the previous government, unfortunately, will have to be paid for - and you can’t fix it in 4 years. But as this cycle seems to constantly repeat itself, its clear most people will not be willing to take the pain necessary to right the ship. And so the burden will fall to children and grandchildren.

Back