Cuba Russia and China to Head the UN Human Rights Council....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich One

Registered
What can one say .....!

Sorry...please forgive us?

This world is turning upside down. It is at moments like this where I see the potential of Argentina - only if it continues to focus on its own issues, shut the world out and largely keep out of foreign affairs like it did during the first part of the twentieth century. If it starts getting friendly with these countries then it can quickly turn into a hell on earth as Argentina at its core already appears to hate democracy, justice, free speech and people power.
With international impunity there is no last line of defence.

International organizations are corrupt. Trump was right in withdrawing from the WHO. They are tied to China and incapable of functioning as an independent, purely scientific agency. The UN is equally corrupt. They should move the headquarters to a country like Djibouti. That would help to develop a poor country's economy but it wouldn't be fun for all the 'diplomats' and their minions who pretend to be doing something useful while enjoying the high life in New York.

If you want to improve the situation with human rights, you need to get involved into the process countries that have chronic problems. They have plenty of things to improve. Why would they even listen to an organization they don't participate in?

Sorry...please forgive us?

This world is turning upside down. It is at moments like this where I see the potential of Argentina - only if it continues to focus on its own issues, shut the world out and largely keep out of foreign affairs like it did during the first part of the twentieth century. If it starts getting friendly with these countries then it can quickly turn into a hell on earth as Argentina at its core already appears to hate democracy, justice, free speech and people power.
With international impunity there is no last line of defence.

This woman is a disgrace to the human race. When 9/11 occurred she said that the US deserved it. Sorry to say the Pope seems to like her.

What can one say .....!

I say it could have been worse. Saudi Arabia and Pakistan could have been chosen. The fact that the Saudis were even being considered worries me much more than the selection of Cuba, a country that has a regressive regime, but has largely never bothered anybody (except the Barcardi family and the Mafia). In all, it doesn't matter much, since the OHCHR is a largely useless organization anyway. I mean, they selected China, FFS.

This woman is a disgrace to the human race. When 9/11 occurred she said that the US deserved it. Sorry to say the Pope seems to like her.
who is this woman? some social activist?

I say it could have been worse. Saudi Arabia and Pakistan could have been chosen. The fact that the Saudis were even being considered worries me much more than the selection of Cuba, a country that has a regressive regime, but has largely never bothered anybody (except the Barcardi family and the Mafia). In all, it doesn't matter much, since the OHCHR is a largely useless organization anyway. I mean, they selected China, FFS.

THIS IS A JOKE? CUBA HAS HAD ITS HANDS ALL OVER THE PLACE, ESPECIALLY AFRICA AND LATIN AMERICA.

If you want to improve the situation with human rights, you need to get involved into the process countries that have chronic problems. They have plenty of things to improve. Why would they even listen to an organization they don't participate in?

You really think the UN does any good? Imagine how much good could actually be done if the billions of $ spent on the UN were applied to relieve human suffering and not to provide sinecures for influential people.

THIS IS A JOKE? CUBA HAS HAD ITS HANDS ALL OVER THE PLACE, ESPECIALLY AFRICA AND LATIN AMERICA.

No, it's not a joke, Mr. All Caps, it's reality. The Cuban activities you seem to be referring to happened many decades ago, and were very minor at best. Cuba has been desperately poor since 1991, and the most they do now is send a lot of poorly trained doctors abroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back