Cuevas / Casa De Cambio In Palermo

Huxley1234

Registered
Hi all - just arrived,

Was wondering if there are any cuevas / casa de cambios to buy pesos with USD near Palermo? Would rather something close vs. going to Florida.

Where do you get the best blue dollar prices?

The one I've used is on Cabello and Ugarteche - says "Oro" on the outside (like a lot of them). It's safe and there's no one there usually....

One in Belgrano too - Cabildo y Juramento - Multicredito de Belgrano.

My guy comes to my apartment to do exchanges. PM me if you want an email address.

@sleuth_when house visit, do you fix amount and exchange upfront? and is there an upper limit?

Yeah, we agree on rate and amount in email. Then he sends one of his guys with the exact amount of pesos to exchange. Does not seem to be an upper limit, but he prefers a decent amount at a time so he does not have to send someone all the time.

My "money guy" is amazing and a great friend; highly recommend him as he tends to get me a better rate than most. He's mobile and comes to your house, perfect English. PM me if you're interested.

(I usually takes 100's but may make exceptions if you only have 50's or 20's...)

Maybe I am overly suspicious, but I wouldn't have anyone round my place if they knew I had dollars coming and going. Do you guys have them into the apartment or do you get it done in the hallway?

Just been to Florida, 9.3, a few points off what you could get elsewhere but it's anonymous, near my office and done in a flash. Occasionally I meet a guy in Belgrano but he only "works" 0930 - 3.30 on weekdays so only see him if i work from home.

Maybe I am overly suspicious, but I wouldn't have anyone round my place if they knew I had dollars coming and going. Do you guys have them into the apartment or do you get it done in the hallway?

Just been to Florida, 9.3, a few points off what you could get elsewhere but it's anonymous, near my office and done in a flash. Occasionally I meet a guy in Belgrano but he only "works" 0930 - 3.30 on weekdays so only see him if i work from home.

I definitely understand your worry and in other situations I would never let someone in my apartment. But I met him socially and he turned out to be a great resource for money exchanges. I've recommended him to friends and they've met at Starbucks or other public locations. If you discuss the amount beforehand it's quite easy to have your money change hands and be discreet about it.

Back